ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent PC?

Mini Cooper S
Was thinking about getting myself a ps4 but was wondering what type of PC I could get for around £300/£400? Please ignore my ignorance as I'm not that clued up on them! I thought I could do more on the pc plus store photograph's etc any help would be greatly appreciated.

2014 Focus Titanium
If you've already got a monitor lying about and a keyboard/mouse then you could squeeze a half decent pc for £400, and if you could upgrade through time from there that'd be much better than the PS4 route!

Mini Cooper S
If you've already got a monitor lying about and a keyboard/mouse then you could squeeze a half decent pc for £400, and if you could upgrade through time from there that'd be much better than the PS4 route!
Yeah I was think that! What sort of spec would I get for that sort of price? Where would be the best place to get it from? Would I be able to use my TV also?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
PC gaming has always fascinated me but I tried it once and couldn't get on with using a keyboard and mouse. Do you get used to it? Do many people use controllers?

Mini Cooper S
You can get an ok spec PC for £400, spend a tad more though and then your talking a good step up in terms of how much you can upgrade in the future.

example: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/tita...-i5-compact-mini-itx-gaming-pc-fs-089-og.html

Edit - infact that unit above with a nVidia 950 will see you right for a bit untill you want to upgrade processor and ram which should be fairly simple.
What bit is the nvidia 950 on? Would I be able to use a TV? Also would it be good for storing photos etc on it and use for general stuff also? Sorry for the complete noob questions I'm old haha

PC gaming has always fascinated me but I tried it once and couldn't get on with using a keyboard and mouse. Do you get used to it? Do many people use controllers?

Yes ive had a ps3 and xbox 360 controller hooked up before, works very well providing your running the right drivers. Windows 10 now supports the Xbox One controller too i think. Although it is fround upon on certain games.

What bit is the nvidia 950 on? Would I be able to use a TV? Also would it be good for storing photos etc on it and use for general stuff also? Sorry for the complete noob questions I'm old haha

Its the graphics card so will have either a VGA, DVI or HDMI or a combination of all of them so yes very easy to hook upto a TV. In fact ive just hooked my PC upto my 47" LED tv and looks perfect! just which i had gone 4k on the TV so it would look even better.
Photo's and general use would be perfect on that PC, however with just 1TB of storage you wouldnt want to be storing loads of films.

Again in the future you could add a decent size SSD for your OS and game installs etc then use the 1tb drive as file storage.