ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decided to go jap

Clio 172 ph2
Well thought I would post a post up and let you see what I have decided to do with my Clio.

So basically I have had clios and for good part of 10 years and yesterday decided that I would want a change from the Clio side and see what else was out there. So I sold my 182 turbo with a fairly decent spec if you’s want to see it a will put a post of the spec up.

Anyway so ansold the car got £5k for it which is kind of what I was after bearing in mind it needed new tyres all round new front pads and a few other bits nothing serious tho.

So I have bought myself a Honda lol ano you’s are probs thinking what the hell I will be back in a Clio and you are probs right but going to have a few track days with the Honda n see if it’s fun.

It’s a ek4 b16a2 (Uk engine) with 93k miles full service history upto I think 70k

Bodywork wise it’s in great condition tyres are like new it’s a bit boring inside but at least it has a stereo and glass windows which the Clio never had [emoji23].

Here is the spec of the civic below along with a few pics.

Buddy club full exhaust system
Buddy club exhaust headers (whole exhaust system heat wrapped)
4.9 final drive with a lsd
Front and back brace
Fully polybushed front to back
Bc ds series coilovers(7months old)
Aem version 2 induction kit
Skunk 2 Ali rad
Function 7 lcas
Skunk 2 rear lower control arms
Rota slip stream alloys
Ad08 tyres (nearly new)
Corbeau club sport seat (one)
Braided lines all round
Spoon rocker cover
IMO steering wheel
Carbon mirros and spoiler

There is probs more but can’t mind off top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 ph2
3ab8be8f929b6bd5a4fad9eb3f019845.jpg
6326144ce439b7fa588eb8c343c33a98.jpg
8e2f0dbe116d7973f4b72bf6d7480f51.jpg
fdb725fc2c76a49fcefd83d77ade3080.jpg
4cd7d29db576764749d80c0aec257c51.jpg
d02d73acfa62b04e538a9952c9ba7947.jpg
a2d24956c99635aa7944c7e69b0bbcb8.jpg
ced26c72161d3e30161f29aeb125b8b7.jpg
48a93140febe6830ad484b76e46c1289.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Always liked this era of Civic. The '90s ones are infinitely cooler than the more modern stuff.

I had a Civic Coupe in this shape. Like you say, the interiors aren't the nicest on anything this side of the Type-R, but a set of seats will sort that. Engines are cracking and the suspension is top notch too.

Keep us updated!

Clio 172 ph2
Always liked this era of Civic. The '90s ones are infinitely cooler than the more modern stuff.

I had a Civic Coupe in this shape. Like you say, the interiors aren't the nicest on anything this side of the Type-R, but a set of seats will sort that. Engines are cracking and the suspension is top notch too.

Keep us updated!

Don’t get me wrong I love the Cliosports and my dad still has my ph1 172 with crazy low miles 38k if I can remember so I will have a play now and again in that. But a just thought for the money I paid for the civic £2900 with a folder of receipts if I can remember around 15k worth and fairly recent stuff to it was worth the money.

And if a have a few track days of fun and decide a want to go back to the Clios then am sure I will. And am sure I will get my money back on this wee car. Only 4 owners and 93k is great for its age.

But I defo need another bucket seat so drop me a pm anyone who has seats and harness for sale lol

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I know they have a decent following.. but it just looks very Gumtree! Is it quick?

Clio 172 ph2
I know they have a decent following.. but it just looks very Gumtree! Is it quick?

Quick ermm for what it is yes a would say it’s very nippy compare it to the 182 turbo no it’s not hut I knew that before i bought it and tbh I wasn’t buying it to be as fast as the Clio more to be fun and good handling and reliable for knockhill.

The Clio turbo was good yeah but things like turbo oil feed was far to close to the down pipe which was causing issues I did sort it but there would of been something next then something after that not saying the Honda is bullet proof no only time will tell but am sure it’s going to be less problematic then my Clio.

Plus I was left with money and with all the s**t that’s going on with the corona virus the bit extra cash was handy.

Clio 172 ph2
That’s epic mate coming from an ep3 I love these era civic , turbo it , would be insane [emoji106]

Going to wait to see if I like it enough before I decide to turbo it mate it defo is something in my mind but a bloody lived my Clio so it’s got to really impress me on the track n if it does then maybe turbo but again this whole corona s**t people are losing jobs and everything so will need to wait and see man

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
There's more to life than big power. These have massive tuning potential if you want it anyway.

It's all about the revs and the handling in these in my view.

Clio 172 Cup
Going to wait to see if I like it enough before I decide to turbo it mate it defo is something in my mind but a bloody lived my Clio so it’s got to really impress me on the track n if it does then maybe turbo but again this whole corona s**t people are losing jobs and everything so will need to wait and see man

Fair point mate exactly the position I am in waiting on booking mine in for a low boost conversion which has been put on hold until all this s**t clears

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
One of the loudest cars I’ve heard was one of these and I’m pretty sure the exhaust was buddy club...😂 I do like the ek shape. Although I am a championship white man myself.

Clio 172 ph2
Fair point mate exactly the position I am in waiting on booking mine in for a low boost conversion which has been put on hold until all this s**t clears

Honestly mate the boost is bloody great I loved my Clio and the other day I handed over the keys I was honestly really gutted but at the end of the day it’s a car and cars come and go and I thought about buying another Clio but because I just sold my Clio with all the kit finding a Clio that wasn’t turbocharged I think I would be comparing it all the time to mines, so that’s the main reason I decided f**k it let’s try a different car all together.

I went to see a ep3 and yeah was great looking and stuff but just wasn’t jumping out saying buy me lol. Plus I would of wanted then to spend money on it coilovers polybushed all the usual stuff we want in our track cars, where as the ek4 I picked up just seemed to have everything I would of wanted for a car to use on track if that makes sense.

Clio 172 ph2
One of the loudest cars I’ve heard was one of these and I’m pretty sure the exhaust was buddy club...[emoji23] I do like the ek shape. Although I am a championship white man myself.

The buddy club is honestly loud like too bloody loud sounds good for the first wee while then am like aww f**king shut up [emoji23][emoji23]. To be fair I have the silencer that goes into the end of the exhaust which does make it quieter. But it sounds great when it crosses over to vtec lol

Clio 172 Cup
Honestly mate the boost is bloody great I loved my Clio and the other day I handed over the keys I was honestly really gutted but at the end of the day it’s a car and cars come and go and I thought about buying another Clio but because I just sold my Clio with all the kit finding a Clio that wasn’t turbocharged I think I would be comparing it all the time to mines, so that’s the main reason I decided f**k it let’s try a different car all together.

I went to see a ep3 and yeah was great looking and stuff but just wasn’t jumping out saying buy me lol. Plus I would of wanted then to spend money on it coilovers polybushed all the usual stuff we want in our track cars, where as the ek4 I picked up just seemed to have everything I would of wanted for a car to use on track if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense mate and you have done the right thing , ep3 all a bit common and seen their day mine was 245bhp and amazing I regretted every bit of selling it the one you have chosen more desirable and those engines are fantastic vtec so strong on a looked after engine.

Clio 172 ph2
Makes perfect sense mate and you have done the right thing , ep3 all a bit common and seen their day mine was 245bhp and amazing I regretted every bit of selling it the one you have chosen more desirable and those engines are fantastic vtec so strong on a looked after engine.

Yip exactly ep3 great car but too common you can pick them up ten a pennie where as ek4 b16 tbh av not even seen many and a like the idea of having something good but just the wee bit unusual. Does get loads of people looking at it but that could be the buddy club exhaust Lolol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The buddy club is honestly loud like too bloody loud sounds good for the first wee while then am like aww f**king shut up [emoji23][emoji23]. To be fair I have the silencer that goes into the end of the exhaust which does make it quieter. But it sounds great when it crosses over to vtec lol

This lad had a full straight through, turned heads everywhere for the noise. I had a DC2 type R a few years ago with a spoon N1, that was very loud. Do miss VTEC at times

Clio 172 ph2
This lad had a full straight through, turned heads everywhere for the noise. I had a DC2 type R a few years ago with a spoon N1, that was very loud. Do miss VTEC at times

Yeah it’s loud as hell but like a said a wonder if that will get boring only time will tell lol. But I suppose I could get a quieter exhaust anyway. But I just really like the look of the wee car I think looks great lol