ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decisions, decisions...

MCS R56
The time has come and I would like your opinion on the following....

1. Sell Clio (53 plate 23K 172 Cup) and buy new car. Thinking along the lines of Elise, VX220, S2000 or maybe a 330i.

2. Keep Clio and buy motorbike - 600 sports (GSX-R, CBR-R etc)

3. Keep Clio and make some engine mods.

Really enjoy Clio but I don't really think modifying the engine is worth it, is it? I would like to enjoy a 2 seater before I get too old and married and all that $hit but that means getting rid a perfectly good Clio. Purchase of motorbike will happen at some point (I know the dangers, but the thrill is better than any car can offer - exception being Veyrons and such like) and will save me money getting to work in summer.

Option 2 will have approx £5K budget, option 3 not more than £2K.

I will probably end up at no decision and keep plodding around in the Clio for the time being but some of your opinions may sway me......

Thanks

TT
1) cause otherwise you'l get too old and never be able to fully enjoy small two seater! and personally prob the elise too above the others, but if its a daily driver, VX may work out better,little less hardcore but most of forum has those, so they can tell you for sure

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
option 2. Thats what i'd have done if the Mrs hadn't got pregnant.
hmmmmmm, a lovely CBR600..........:(

Now i have nappies and puke to look forward to.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Get a bike for the summer and keep the car.

Your never get close to the sort of performance for such a small amount of money as a bike.

You will then realise if a bike is for you after the summer, if not sell up a get a two seater.

Option 1 gets my vote. An Elise is a car I'd consider upgrading to.

I was toying with the idea of learning to ride and following option 2 last summer. Changed my mind now - think I'd kill myself on a bike! :S

visualize whirled pe
option 1 I'd have an Elise. They aint practicle at all but that aint what ya looking for, right?

option 2, I dunno if you'd ever catch me on a performance bike but ya right, if you want somthing 'proper' fast thats gonna give you a buzz thats your best option.

option 3, maybe you've got a bit bored of the cup, tbh I think they are a quick enough hatchback (for the road) so the extra 'kick' £2k's of goodies will give you aint gonna keep you happy.

You could always sell the '2 seater' and go back to a cup if you regret your decision in the end.

MCS R56
Some good cases there lads. Have to say, the bike option is looking the best but if I see an Elise that ticks all the boxes before the summer months, I may have too. As for Exige comments, a bit too hardcore for what I am looking for in a car. Would love one all the same, and it would bridge the gap between performance bike and 2 seater car.

Cheers