ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Declaring Mods to CIS Insurance

S2000

I just phoned CIS to tell them I will be having a new exhaust and decat fitted but when I phoned I was told that I couldnt do it over the phone and would have to write to them. They said that it shouldnt really affect the premium even if it does increase BHP and that I would be OK to fit it before I sent them the letter. I was just wondering whether or not this is correct in that you cant do it over the phone as I was told something else on the phone once which gave the impression that you could do it all on the phone.

Has anyone else ever had to declare mods to CIS and if so did you have to write to them and was there any increase in your premium?

Do you think I will be OK, as they said on the phone, to fit the exhaust before writing to them?

Thanks.

You just write/ring to tell them that youre thinking about getting one put on so want to clear it first.

The fact you have a full on, straight through, zero-silenced beast sitting on the drive already isnt something that you have to mention... LoL

don't

cis are good with mods

they just asked me for a photo and list sent to them for paperwork purposes, no increase in £££ and no hassle

didnt really seem to care at the time, was 3 years ago though

SC 172 FF

ye i need to declare mine just thinkin about it....but wen my bro declared his they sed "ahh that dont matter m8 we wont charge u any more"....was all mody work mods though apart from bk box....es only 17 on a provisinal as well which seemd gd cuz insurers usually try and screw u wen ur younger!

S2000

Im gonna fit it today anyway and post a letter to tthem later today as the woman on the phone said I would be OK to fit it in the meantime until I write to them.

SC 172 FF

Quote: Originally posted by donsrno1 on 23 August 2005

Im gonna fit it today anyway and post a letter to tthem later today as the woman on the phone said I would be OK to fit it in the meantime until I write to them.

let me kno the outcum will ya m8?!

cheers!

S2000

for those that have declared mods with CIS did you get any notification that they had recieved your letter about the mods as I have sent off a letter about a week and a bit ago but I have had no response eve though I asked for notification.

I sent CIS a letter indicating all mods on my car, they replied about 10 days letter saying that it was noted and there was no increase in premium... this was for, lowering, exhaust, induction kit, lockwood dials, momo gearstick, momo handbreak, front spoiler, skirts, and alloys.