ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deglazing cylinder bores.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Cut a long story short, rebuilt this engine 50k odd ago ( bottom end only )

Its desided to drop a valve and took a peice out of the piston ( cylinder 2 ) ( don't ask me how, never heard a k9k do that)
Lucky enough no other damage, injectors are fine and thankfully missed the aftermath , just the edge of the piston swirl pot.

Now the no2 piston I have got to replace, I have a spare piston but I'm putting new rings on it.
The bore was lightly honed last time to get the 45degree hatches for bedding In, now 50k of hard graft later, do I still need to do a deglaze again ? Or can I just simply put the new rings in with said piston ( yes I will check the ring gaps in three points of the bore )
and be done with it?

All the other bore are the same, not glazed like a 100k engine but minimal hatching.

Advice needed muchly. Second opinion needed before I re assemble this and regret it , when It throws a tantrum

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Thought so, just checking before it dies on me for the god knows how many times DaveDreads

Properly dropped me in the s**t this has, more work coming in work that this is now getting in the way of