ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Delayed Responce When Hitting The Throttle

1.2 Clio Dynamique (blue)
when i press on the throttle the car des not accelerate straight away it lags for about a second or so but it seems like a lifetime.. is this a problem do you think as it never used to do it...

?? nobody have any ideas i take it.. i put my fut down and nothin happens and then the power kicks in and jerks into life and off it goes.. quite frustrating :(

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Because it isnt cable throttle mate, ph2 172's/ 182's are the same.
Only ph1 172s have a cable throttle i think.

Dunno its a 1.2 probably always gunna be s**t lol, only kidding ;-)

Maybe try cleaning the TB, check the cable is taught etc.. (unless its fbw) which on reflection I think it is if its jerky perhaps theres a bad connection to one of the plugs, lots of possibilites really.

i dont dissagree lol it is slow :p

il just have to giv it a clean and check sparkies etc.. iv got a leak on my radiator water bottle(i think thats what it is) 4 sum reasn aswell... i fill it up and it just empties when the days out :S

just noticed pepsi lol... ur the only person iv noticed on here that lives not far from me lol

133, 182, Kangoo 182
As Pepsi said, it's an electronic throttle not a cable. Renault trying to be smart. ;)

AFAIK there is no way to reduce the lag.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My corsa was like this, did my nut in pulling away at roundabouts.

Monaco 172
i read on ehre about a year ago theres a inline thing you can but for FBW cars to eliminate that delay, costly and i remember something about golfs but possibly renault too. cant quite remember

just a pain in the backside an like DrRollo said roundabouts are a bit hard lol.. gota make sure you get the timing right cause the car doesnt go when you want it to lol

i think if got a renault reject lol

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
A remap can sort that surely, if it's just a characteristic of the system. If there's summat wrong then obv replace the faulty part.

Don't Renault set the TPS percentages with CLiP? As in, at half throttle it's 50% and WOT comes at around 95% of pedal travel?

Could have that adjusted if you wanted to be technical, it'd snap throttle open more when you press it. It'll probably have a built in regulator to keep it smooth for Mrs Doddery FartPants nipping to shop when it's cold so it might not make much difference if you find someone who can do it...