ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deleting Songs from iPhone Issue

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Having issues with deleting songs on my iPhone 4s, running iOS 8.2.
I have no playlists or music to be syned in iTunes, so there should be nothing on it. But somehow there are a few albums that are stored "on my device" when I plug it in which sync. I delete them on the phone, but when I plug it back into the computer they sync up and get put back on there. There is no option to delete these tracks in iTunes under the playlist or when looking at the phone status in iTunes - right click doesn't have the delete option, cannot un-tick them and highlight then delete key doesn't work.
These albums were synced to my phone the way I normally do it (via a playlist) last week and then I had to do a restore on the phone, and it's since then they are not being able to be deleted.
Can't find any help online. Wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Ok...after some more playing around the sync settings and the order of deleting / syncing / resetting I have solved it, I think!
It's connect phone and switch off sync music. Then sync. Then swutch on sync music, select what you want to be sync'd and then sync.
No idea how I managed to get this issue, must be to do with the restore I had to do

I lie.....it's still not working.
Any help??! :weary:

Last edited:
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
iTunes its a total fail.... What happened to drag and drop...

I've deleted all sorts of junk off mine but even when it's gone, while on wifi it plays it from the cloud...

I forecast about 5 hours Infront on the laptop will be wasted trying to fix it so I just live with it...

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I forecast about 5 hours Infront on the laptop will be wasted trying to fix it so I just live with it...
They are good albums so it wont be the end of the world. It is just messing with me OCD which is really bugging me!!! (All my music has all relevant album art work and details as I can't stand it if its incomplete! haha)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
iTunes its a total fail.... What happened to drag and drop...
I personally like iTunes for 90%+ of the time - but there are occasions where it just drives you to despair.

I think the biggest issue is that Apple are trying to cover all bases. The vast majority of phone users are either lazy, gormless, CBA, or simply don't have the patience to manage their data properly. Therefore when they come back from honeymoon, hammered the memory with phone pics and tunes - only to have the dog devour their phone shortly after their return - the majority are fooked.

iTunes tries to assist in this matter with its obsession of backing up. For the most part, it does work. I've only come across issues where different phones have been used on the same account, or the account details have changed. That can tend to throw a spanner in the works.

OP - have you been specifically having issues with tunes that have been purchased?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
OP - have you been specifically having issues with tunes that have been purchased?

Nope, it isn't affecting just the purchased music, but what was on the phone at the time it was restored (total of 3 albums). Only my phone has been conencted to this account and computer, so that shouldn't be an issue.
But basically I want to remove the music that is stored "on this device" when my phone is plugged in (left hand side on the playlist tab), but it is not giving me the option to do it. As when I delete it on my phone it just syncs back up again but I am not sure where it is syncing from.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Go into your account (via iTunes on the PC) and and see what is being sync'd there.

We had a nightmare at one point with something similar - we sorted it out within the account settings window.