ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DELL - Delivery times

Subaru Impreza P1
i want to order a new laptop from DELL for christmas, what are the chances of it being here before christmas day, they wont give a delivery time unless i actually pay for it.

Anybody had experience of their delivery times.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Think mum ordered her new one last week sometime and they said 3 weeks so unlikely to get ours for Xmas so wouldn't think you would if ordering now.

Subaru Impreza P1
Its just a standard Dell Studio 16 XPS, they dont sell them in PC World, but like you say doubt it will be here for santas birthday.

Dam Dell and their attractive shiney laptops.

Clio 182
Recent order of mine turned up about 3 weeks after the order, not good really for the size of the company!.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
If you order tonight tommorow morning it will be with you before christmas. But it will be a off the shelf and not a custome one,

i get emails from dell on a regular basis as i got a custome 17" dell studio with alot of extras and it took just shy of 4weeks, but on the email it said basicly if you order now you will get it before christmas as they use couriers to deliver..

Phone them tommorow and ask they might offer it for a fee to get it quicker

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Took mine 4 days under a month to come! Bit of a pisstake really... Ebuyer was next day delivery, think I'll go there next time.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
they hand build them so it takes a while saying that my new precision got built in 3 days and sent , got here in 6 days altgother.

to answer your question, i'd say it's like 5% chance of being on time! =/

Better than yours. C*nt.
Very, very lucky to get anything other than a Dell off PC World's shelf in time for Christmas. They're built to order largely, as has been said, and delivery times depend on what they're building at the time. Also, don't count on the estimate...

Ph-Sold!
No chance at all unless you order one of their premade express deliveries, mine had a few tweaks and arrived 20 days after the original estimated date.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Just placed an order with my Dell account manager for some new laptops.

2 of them will be delivered in the new year and a less customised one should be here before the 23rd.

If you get a fasttrack one you should get it in time.. otherwise no.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
they hand build them so it takes a while

I know this, but would take me maybe a day to do? Not 27 bloody days! All I changed on mine from the stand spec was a different coloured front plate and an uprated graphics card...

I know this, but would take me maybe a day to do? Not 27 bloody days! All I changed on mine from the stand spec was a different coloured front plate and an uprated graphics card...

if they dont have the bit in stock it can take ages but it also depend on work loads factory shutdown etc

DCi
i ordered a bog standard one on monday the 7th and it's still not arrived.

via work though and our procurement dept. is a ball ache

Fiesta ST
Had major problems ordering kit from Dell lately - Mid November I ordered a workstation for a client. I've found out today it will be here Jan 25th! ffs I asked why? and they said it's because of the HDD I ordered for it was out of stock and if I had ordered a bigger HDD I could have had my order in 3 days!!!

Subaru Impreza P1
Ordered today and they are quoting the first week in january, bit p**sed off but nothing i can do about it but by the sounds of you lot i might not even get it then, even though my ethnic friend on the other end of the phone at dell assured me it would be then.