ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell studio

Better than yours. C*nt.
Vista is great, ignore the haters. 99% of the people who say it's crap haven't actually sat down and used it, or tried to attack it - they just take for gospel what a hater on the internet says, and it spreads.

We're trialling 2008 Server and Windows Vista at the moment, and it's brilliant. Terminal Server Licencing - Halleluja!!!!!!!!!!

And just go for the best one you can afford, with the biggest disc (320GB at the moment in 2.5" form factor). Any Core2Duo processor should be more than capable of doing music and photos, but the faster ones will do it 'faster'. Funnily enough!

But really, they're pretty good laptops. Touch flimsier than the XPS they're based on, but not bad.

id go for the xps, i got the 1330 with core 2 duo 2.1, 3 gig ram, 320 hard drive, theyve also got an hdmi output for watchin s**t on your tv which is nice, comes with some gimmicks too like a fingerprint reader and express slot remote control.

totally love it and would defo recommend it :)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
my studio came in yesturday... ace laptop. My brother has the recent xps which is better for gaming etc. But this is apparently gud for media.

Cant give much of a review on it as just got it.. But i opted for 3 gig ram

Go for it bud.

I went for this one and its a good laptop :)

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...en&m_30=136643&oc=N0953504&rbc=N0953504&s=dhs

Price
spacer.gif
£917.98You Save
spacer.gif
£79.00
spacer.gif

Total
spacer.gif
£838.98
spacer.gif

100.jpg

Components
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.1 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 Cache,)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1- English

1 Year Base Warranty

Midnight Blue with Microsatin Finish

15.4" Widescreen WXGA+ WLED (1440x900) TFT Display with TrueLife™

2.0 Mega pixel Integrated Web Camera - LED

4096MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
320GB (5.400rpm) SATA Hard Drive
256MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3450

Fixed Internal Blu-ray Disc (DVD+/-RW + BD-ROM) Slot Drive including SW

Primary 6-cell 56 WHr Lithium Ion battery
Internal English Qwerty Backlit Keyboard
No Biometric Fingerprint Reader

Accessories

No Carrying Case

Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card (802.11 b/g)

Microsoft® Works 9.0 / English - (Does not include Microsoft® Word)

Services & Software

No Accidental Damage Support

No Security/Anti-Virus Protection - English

Also Includes
1 Meter Power Cord (3 Wire) - UK
English - Documentation Studio 1535
N0953504
1Yr Limited Warranty - Collect & Return
Studio 1535 Order - UK
Studio 1535 Resource DVD (Diagnostic & Drivers)
AC Adapter 90W - 3 Pin
Wireless Label (Dell Wireless Cards)- Core 2 Duo

We're trialling 2008 Server and Windows Vista at the moment, and it's brilliant. Terminal Server Licencing - Halleluja!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest thing is Easy Print. No drivers, no third party nonsense to get even the simplest thing working - immense!