ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Denied!!

Just spoke to David at K-Tec who has told me that my Titanium exhaust wont be ready until the end of March now! Im gutted by this but I guess life goes on. Does anyone know of a REALLY good system that will make good benefits as a part of larger modifications. Ive heard Hayward and Scott are good but will they do a Cup?

Cost not a problem!

Thanks

Lionel Richie

Cup is the same as a 172, so yeah they do a Cup!!!! Hayward and Scott..............erm bit, well, er old rich man kinda thing????

costs not a problem, I just want a good system. The titanium was £550!

Ill give hayward and scoot a call and see what they say then. Has anyone else had one fitted? Are they worth the cash?

Yes it is old rich man kinda thing cos its expensive, but you cant argue with the fact that subaru and mistibushi have started using them as official parts. Id say theyre the best custom exhaust fabrictors in the country. Top notch work and theyll do anything you want.

That titanium exhaust sounds good, whats the spec, and is it a one off or will it be for all 172s soon?

gutted, Hayward and Scott dont do one cat replacement as the Mk2 has twin lamda sensors.

Hes never done a Cup before so he wanted a "play around" with mine. "No way monkey man!" was my reply.

Am starting to think that an exhaust is pointless and might go for some other heavy engine mods...

ICE'dberg MK2 172

From K-Tec website.......

CLIO 172 TITANIUM EXHAUST SYSTEM
We have now finished development of our new stainless steel cat back 172 system which has a Titanium rear silencer. The silencer has a removable baffle tube which when fitted gives the car a subtle sporty sound and when removed gives it a very purposeful growl without being too loud. This baffle can be removed or re-fitted in about 2 minutes.The tip of the 4" tailpipe is also heat treated to turn it light blue just to let everyone know you have a special exhaust fitted. The rear silencer is also about one third of the weight of the standard item as well.

Clio 197

Id let him "play around" . They are a reputable firm and they would surely show their appreciation by giving you a reduced price.

Id let David take your cup, bearing in mind hes been working in the industry for some time! Previously at GTTuning etc..

Its only an exhaust at the end of the day, its not gonna do anything bad to your car, he can have my 1.2 if he wants :)

Its not David who wants my Cup, the K-Tec exhaust is not coming out until the end of March!

Its the chap at Hayward and Scott. As i told him "No way monkey man!"

Oh....what to do, what to do!

Oh rite, well same thing, remember what i said, theyre the best in the country!

Lets not wimp out sangy! You have to be a bit daring to be original remember..

Granted although im not that bothered if im original or not. I like to drive my car and dont fancy having to take it there all the time to have bits tweeked!

Im researching other options today as have no work to do!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Sangy on 29 January 2003

Just spoke to David at K-Tec who has told me that my Titanium exhaust wont be ready until the end of March now! Im gutted by this but I guess life goes on. Does anyone know of a REALLY good system that will make good benefits as a part of larger modifications. Ive heard Hayward and Scott are good but will they do a Cup?
Sangy

That would actually be a better time to get a new exhaust fitted, when hopefully the worst of the winter weather will have passed and the road salting should be finished.

Clio v6

I was the first 172 customer of Hayward & Scott They did me a 6 x 1 oval tailpipe exactly to my requirements. It fitted very neatly under the bumper as I was not keen on the usual Retail rear boxes that where being fitted at that time.

A very fine service, yes, it may have been a little "Old Boyish", however they offer the kind of service us "Rich Old Boys" are used to, which is most important. I will be having a custom free-flow system fitted by them, but first I must arrange the remortage of the manor .

heres the haywood and scott reply from JUNE 2002 when i was going to buy one. dont know what they offer now

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your enquiry.The price for a cat back sports system with
the tail pipe hidden as standard is £425 +delivery . It would improve the sound and improve performance
We only have patterns for the 2001 model (twin cat).

If you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact us.

regards,

Ian Reeve - Manager
Hayward & Scott
Tel (01268) 727256 Fax( 01268) 590772
Web: http://www.haywardandscott.co.uk/U color=#0000ffwww.haywardandscott.co.uk/U

Cheers mate, im after soemthing to replace the cat aswell but its difficult as the Mk2 has twin lamda sensors meaning if I did take it out then the SERV light would constantly be on :(

sangy is there no way to trick the sensor? let us know how you get on as I too would like a full exhasut system and decat. i like the idea of the new k-tec one so i can have it loud or not .

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 29 January 2003

why hide the tail pipe??? Poofter!!!! (joking)
LOL .. I wanted not so much to hide it but I fealt the ones being fitted by others at the time hung too low.

Oh and I am a "Poofter" but thats beside the point.

Anyone had experiences with the Devil system. It use to be built for French cars only so thought it might be good for the 172. They now cover scoobs, evos etc.

When I spoke to the Devil sales person they said they have heard that Magnex are producing a new exhaust for the mk2 172 which might include de-cat pipe as well.

apparently this problem exists on a Scooby and they have a "black box" to trick the lamda sensors into thinking the cat is there, he wasnt sure if itll work on the Clio Mk2 thats why he wanted mine to play with!

As before I replied "No way monkey man"