ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dent/Crease repair

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Went to view a 182 today, and noticed a crease in the rear quarter panel. It's not deep but is about 12 inches long or so, and goes from just off the rear wheel arch to the under side of the bump strip at about 30 degree angle.

I understand this shouldn't be an issue for a paintless dent repair guy provided they can access the back side of the panel. Is this possible on the 182's?

I know the plastic panels inside can be removed, but don't know how much access you then get from doing this, or where you can get access from the wheel arch side by removing the liner or something.

Also what would you expect cost to be (non trade)

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
If the dent guys decent, he’ll be able to access it. You got a picture of the dent/crease?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
If the dent guys decent, he’ll be able to access it. You got a picture of the dent/crease?

No unfortunately, I didn't think to grab a picture when I viewed the car. It's not bad to be honest, but the rest of the car is in so good condition that it stands out more.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a dent taken out years ago over the rear wheel arch . The PDR guy took off the back light cluster and accessed it through there. So I would imagine if you buy the car you should be able to get it sorted relatively cheaply . Maybe you could use this dent as a bit of a bargaining chip and get the price knocked down , saying it'll probably cost a few quid to sort that out :wink:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Went to view a 182 today, and noticed a crease in the rear quarter panel. It's not deep but is about 12 inches long or so, and goes from just off the rear wheel arch to the under side of the bump strip at about 30 degree angle.

I understand this shouldn't be an issue for a paintless dent repair guy provided they can access the back side of the panel. Is this possible on the 182's?

I know the plastic panels inside can be removed, but don't know how much access you then get from doing this, or where you can get access from the wheel arch side by removing the liner or something.

Also what would you expect cost to be (non trade)

You still after one? I still consider selling mine for a boring diesel

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
You still after one? I still consider selling mine for a boring diesel
I've only been looking for a couple of days really. Sold my Z4 over the weekend, and was meant to be going down to one car. But really fancy a Clio again.

Thought about getting another diesel myself....then saw sense.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I had a dent taken out years ago over the rear wheel arch . The PDR guy took off the back light cluster and accessed it through there. So I would imagine if you buy the car you should be able to get it sorted relatively cheaply . Maybe you could use this dent as a bit of a bargaining chip and get the price knocked down , saying it'll probably cost a few quid to sort that out :wink:
This is the reason for the post to be honest. If it's an easy fix I don't mind getting it sorted myself, with the cost taken off the car.
The seller is taking the car to a garage tomorrow to get a quote, as he's knows someone that works there.
The other option is he gets it fixed and I buy the car at the price we've already agreed.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Did he tell you about the dent?
He mentioned a couple of tiny dents that i probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise. The dent I found he said he didn't know anything about, and to be fair to him it looked fresh as there was a slightly black plastic like mark along the crease line. With the weather how it was yesterday, it wasn't really visible until after the test drive.