ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dent in alloy wheel rim DIY Repair

Clio 2004
Hi Guys,

First of all apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I was on my way home yesterday when a car decided to cut me up, i swerved out the way and hit the curb slightly and dented the rim of my alloy. I'm going to do a full refurb on the alloys myself anyway but any suggestions on how to pull out/knock out this dent?

20140918_083451_zpsd7e10bab.jpg

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Some sort of Rounded ended object on the dent and then smack it with a hammer?

I know its not the same, But when i remove dents from iPad's that need new screens i use a flat head screw driver and knock it out with a hammer

Clio 2004
Some sort of Rounded ended object on the dent and then smack it with a hammer?

I know its not the same, But when i remove dents from iPad's that need new screens i use a flat head screw driver and knock it out with a hammer

Thats what i was thinking, and possibly heating it up with a heat gun to make it slightly more malleable, thing that im concerned with is i dont want to make the wheel too much weaker, and also trying to get the shape back.