ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dent in Manifold

200 Gordini
Anyone seen anything like this before?

0645cb8e.jpg

200 Gordini
LOL could you not tell by the pic why the perfect curved shaped dent was there?

I doubt its losing any power either mate :)

Yes but a few people have said theyve not seen it before so thought id ask on here. It looked as if the manifold has hit the ARB.

It was a joke about my horsies :eek:

ValverInBits
I'm pretty sure they don't come from the factory like that, but 70% of them end up like that after they hit the ARB a couple of times

RSC 182 Cup
Do a search and you'll find old posts on it. I initially panicked thinking it had somehow been dented!

PS: Most people don't realise their manifold is like that because you literally have to get your head right underneath that section of the exhaust to see the indentation. I certainly had no idea until I got right under while I was investigating something else. I had even previously measured/ photographed all the exhaust pipe section diameters and not noticed it.

340i
They can't come from the factory like that surely not!!

I've seen two 182 manifolds with out the dent there.. It will be cussed by excessive movement e.g. worn engine mounts, worn bushes.

TrackCar & F30 330d

I've seen two 182 manifolds with out the dent there.. It will be cussed by excessive movement e.g. worn engine mounts, worn bushes.

You beat me to it, I would have thought it would have been bent because of the worn mounts ect :)

Mine is fine

BMW M135i

Nope they come from the factory like that 110%, but as said some have it some don't feck knows why. Dent wouldn't be as well formed from the arb it'd be more localised, I would imagine they've been heated then deformed.

172 Cup
I thought mine was damaged also when I bought the 182 manifold for my 172 till i checked the next 182 that came into work then realised that was the same.....then the next one I had in was the same also.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as said above their are batches that didnt have it but most of them come from the factory like that. i would agree there is power to be had from removing the dent, if you would notice the gain or not however is debatable!

RS RIP

Sorry, i purchased an brand new one that was put on with the cams (C&B ofcourse) , came straight from out Dieppe Connection , WITHOUT the dent. ;)

340i
Sorry, i purchased an brand new one that was put on with the cams (C&B ofcourse) , came straight from out Dieppe Connection , WITHOUT the dent. ;)

I rest my case!

Renault would not put a dint in a perfectly good manifold at the factory LOL!

RS RIP
^^ nono, you're getting me wrong ! Renault HAVE been making ones WITH + WITHOUT the dent ! I have also seen the ones WITH the dent, and sure they were made like that

I'm thinking the dent is made there because of the "all known banging on acceleration"-thing going on with these cars. Just look at how close the manifold comes to the arb (esp. without the dent)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome.

I sold a manifold but had to refund it due to me thinking it was damaged.

This thread just saved me £180.

Awesome.

RS RIP
Awesome.

I sold a manifold but had to refund it due to me thinking it was damaged.

This thread just saved me £180.

Awesome.

def not damaged. it's kind of like the different inlet manifolds going round really

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i did see it when I sold it but when challenged I thought i may have had it wrong so quite happy to see this as it means I have just got £180 back. Result.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
mine is the same, but for sure it came out like this from the factory, I've just installed a brand new ARB and the old one was fine in the area which could have been in contact with the manifold.

clio 200 F4Rt
just to add my findings.... 2 182 manifolds i have had (one on the original car, one bought from a breakers) both have dents in them.

Although there is a bit of confusion with it, seeing as some did and some didnt.

When i posted pics of my manifold after it was ceramic coated, i had the so called CS 'experts' telling me it was damaged. How wrong they were (and still are on many subjects these days... but thats a different story!! haha)