ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dented roof! :(

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
So i moved out of my parents house and it seems within the first few months, the area ive moved into has taken its toll!

it looks like someone had put something very heavy on the roof of my car, and i found it bent right in (including the support bar that runs through the middle of the roof). Since it was already stripped out i just hit the bent back out from the inside, but in the light the roof just looks like a golf ball! covered in small dents. Theres quite a few scratches too but ive accepted that theyre there to stay unless i get it resprayed which im not in a position to do.

Im really gutted about it tbh, i spend many many hours making the car what it is only for some fcuking scumbags to damage it. i dont really want to have the car fixed because itll probs just happen all over again, its really made me lose a lot of love for the car!!

Question is, is there anything i can do with the dents to try and pop them out?? ive tried hitting them with the palm of my hand but you cant see them so well from the inside and they dont seem to pop out. im wondering if i used a rubber mallet, would it just make dents in the other direction and make it look even worse??

i spose in the long term im going to end up re-shelling it, but im not going to do that while i live here!! ive got some pics but theyre not very good, ill try and take some more tomorrow!! :)

WP_000016.jpg

WP_000010.jpg

WP_000015.jpg

The pics really dont do justice of how bad they are, i took those a few days ago and have only just got round to uploading them, either that or someones made the dents worse since then!! :(

and heres some pics of how the car looked like before!! (any excuse for a pic!! makes me more annoyed that i spent so much blood/sweat/tears and money on it)

P1020083.jpg

P1020080.jpg

P1020077.jpg

Also, what the hell has happened to photobucket?? seems a massive ache to use atm!!

220 Trophy
Hey mate, your car is almost identical in colour and state of trim to mine. I had some small dents in my roof and a hole left where the aerial used to be so I filled the dents and hole and carbon-vinyl wrapped the roof, cost about £100 all in and it looks great – especially with the contrast against the silver.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't see why an actual dent puller couldn't get those out.

Go to a dent guy, stump up some money, and it'll go well.

The alternative is to keep hitting it and break the paint or similar.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Give my brother Simon a call at County Dents his company.
07917447599 He has done work for Dr Jekyll on here and my car.
He will be able to give you a quote and if he cant do it will refer you to a good body-shop that can.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
hi, not been on here recently, im gna give her a clean at the weekend and then take the better pics!!

Rob im sure a dent guy could get them out, but ive never really had any experience with dents before so i really dont know where to start!!

what kind of money is it to straighten a roof?? raffmatt is that number local to essex??

and i moved to brighton, its not a massively terrible area, its just quite a busy area in a city so lot of roudy drunk idiots wandering around at night!

P.S. theres no dents on the bonnet, but scratches, similar scraches on the roof too but i cant really think what would have caused them!

bonnet
WP_000013.jpg

roof
WP_000017.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm still adamant some c**t has jumped up on that. Stones and mud in the soles of the shoes scratch the bonnet, roll about on the roof, walk off laughing to c**t mates about how funny that was.

:(

I'm still adamant some c**t has jumped up on that. Stones and mud in the soles of the shoes scratch the bonnet, roll about on the roof, walk off laughing to c**t mates about how funny that was.

:(

this exactly....

sorry to see this mate :( but that looks spot on for some d*ck running up your car and p*ssing about on your roof (especially the matchig scratches in bonnet and roof)

Westfield, 182, 200
I can't help with the dents, but just wanted to say that there are some right w**kers in this country, they should be put in the electric chair, I'd flick the switch.
I'm sure if you drove a 2 year old Focus worth £10k, it wouldn't be touched.
We sold our RS200 as it was stripped on the drive. Now have CCTV and a 182!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah number is local to Essex so if your in Brighton it wont help.
Unless you visit the Essex area often.

172 cup
My gf goes uni in Brighton and she's living in a house in what I'd consider quite a rough area and she wonders why I'm paranoid about it, now I can show her! Also sorry to hear about it pal :/

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Im sure youre all right about some dick jumping on it because theyre a "top lad"

How deep are they? Will they polish out?

There's plenty of dent guys been recommended on here mate.

tbh dude, ive never really been into detailing so i really dont know how deep is too deep, but next time im down my ends ill have to ask some mates with that kind of gear to have a go at getting the dents out!

i think the dilema that im having is that from the begining, i always told myself that it was going to be a track car and not to spend any money to make the body work look nicer! for every pound that itll cost to put the roof right, theres another track mod that id sooner spend the money on!! so for now, im considering matt black wrapping the whole roof. I know this mod is not really favoured by a lot of members on here but i could do the entire thing for around £30 and it would hide a lot of the dents!!

ianclio.jpg

lol my mates one for thought......

it would go with the wing mirrors, wheels and door strips! lol