ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser issues (worked itself loose)

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Anyone ever known a dephaser pulley to come loose on the cam.

Surprisingly engine runs but does suffer misfire when warm..

Last person to do cambelt was tdf [emoji53]

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
What do you think has been missed dan.. Maybe a torque or degrease. If I refit new and it fires then I'll be amazed as the rings have still not been changed from my compression issues but it pulls good power just uses oil, if not its in the bin and the cams and bodies will be sold and replaced with meg engine.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
What do you think has been missed dan.. Maybe a torque or degrease. If I refit new and it fires then I'll be amazed as the rings have still not been changed from my compression issues but it pulls good power just uses oil, if not its in the bin and the cams and bodies will be sold and replaced with meg engine.
Degrease, new bolt, torqued up and fire it up. If it still runs now there's no reason why it wouldn't after you've done the work tbh mate.