ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser on a phase 1 172?? FRED?

Mk5 golf gti
Does the phase 1 172 have the same problems of rattling dephaser due to lack of oil changes??

the reason i ask this, is that i am yet to see a phase 1 with the probl;em compared to the amount of 172/182 i have seen with this problem??

anyone had dephaser problems on their phase 1?? or anyone seen one??

Mk5 golf gti
All the same set up on PH-1, PH-2, 172, 182 etc.

i thought as much but thought maybe the dephaser was of a different design maybe

its just ive never seen or heard of a phase 1 with dephaser rattle even though its the oldest model :S

CLIO PH1 172
yes i had the problem i have got a couple of vids before and after, il try find them .....

Mk5 golf gti
ahh that answers that then, thanks for that

had the problem on my monaco

absolute pain in the arse

easy to notice when buying though i suppose

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
mines not been changed since I've had it...but I've always changed oil every 2k. kiss of death right there

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
praying mine doesn't need doing! Mine doesn't sound anything like that vid on adam172, that sounded like a dirty diesel! but the 'after' vid doesn't half sound smooth.