ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Engine is ticking quite loudly. I did the belts, dephaser and water pump about 6k / a few months ago. I have been Reading threads and listening to other people's videos but I am just not sure.

is there a definitive way to tell if its defaser? If its not the dephaser what else should I be looking at?

engine is on 100k and I changed the oil and plugs at the weekend.

I have a video but I don't think it sounds as bad on the video. I am hoping I am being paranoid tbh.

http://youtu.be/SH9hhU0vCyQ

Thanks

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
It had Bosch ones in, when I serviced it I replaced with Bosch. That was a mistake!! So I swapped it NGK yesterday. None of these plugs has effected the ticking noise tho. They did make it run a little s**t tho!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I have listened to the video again and it is the ticking noise that I can hear on the car, it follow the revs until it is drowned out by other engine / exhaust sound.

Clio 172 phase 1
sounds a bit dephasar ish ... recently i had the worlds worst sound coming from mine sounded like the internals of the engine were escaping.... turned out to be a bolt had fallen out of the alternator bracket at the bottom and the alternator was just banging about. could be worth a look

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Sounds like the Manifold issue I had, bolt springs snapped off and the bolts were hanging out, issue being they are hard to see unless you have a ramp but was the last thing I had looked at. easy as to change though.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Sounds like the Manifold issue I had, bolt springs snapped off and the bolts were hanging out, issue being they are hard to see unless you have a ramp but was the last thing I had looked at. easy as to change though.

Sorry, which bolts. Mani to block or mani to exhaust.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Cool. I will check them. Tbh honest I have had the engine out fairly recently and mani off again for a starter motor issue so I will give them a check as could easily have missed something.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Check ur spark plugs r tight man when I got mine it was making a wild tick turned out some ball bag had no tighten up the plugs right

I thought that as well so I have checked the torque on all for. Have set them to 25Nm.

Interestingly while looking I notices that the main pulley for the aux belt, the crank pulley has a wobble. Which is a little convening. I will post a video of it.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Ah ok, appologies!

Fred, can I toque up, or at least check the torque of that pulley without removing too much? I can't remember for the life of me if I removed it to do cam belt?

Also do you recognise the noise in the first video, could it just be noisy injectors?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
So after some messing around today I have found the following.

The pulley has a wobble, so I will change that when I can but not urgent.
The crank pulley bolt is defiantly torqued up correctly now.
And the timing it out. Not by much but defiantly out. I think I got it slightly wrong when I did it originally.

Not really sure of the best plan moving forward. Seems like a right hassle to put it right!!! Not sure what the best way to do it will be. Belts are only 7k and a few months old!!