ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephasor help

I bought my clio 172 cup recently and the guy I'd bought it off had told me that it's had the beslts done, it's on around 81K.
I've found a receipt for the cam belt in amongst all the history and it's had a new alternator put on it so I know I dont need to worry about them but When I'm driving with the window down it sounds a bit winey in the echos from buildings and when I open the bonnet it's a bit clicky on idle.
Is there a way of checking if it been done without going to a garage?

thanks
Alex

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Hey,
Dephaser usually makes it sound like an old diesel if its had it. Generally, the dephaser is changed at the same time as cambelt / aux however sometimes it is not and that's where the problems arise.
May aswell do the lot if your going to do it.

If you are having the cambelt done it is worth getting the seals behind the pulleys replaced and the cam cover resealed as well.

My car had the belt done 10000 miles ago but I have leaks from both areas.

For what it costs in parts and for a little bit more time it is worth it for peace of mind,