ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Depinning indicator connector

997.1, Caddy, e208
Good morning CS,
The 997 has been throwing an indicator fault randomly yet every time I got out and checked it was working.

After it trolling me for a couple of weeks, I’ve ascertained it to be the front left turn signal, more notably the wiring.
Wiggling the brown cable will cause it to go in and out of fault.
Naturally I can’t find the loom anywhere or the part number, and if I do, I’m sure it’ll be a few hundred….

So, is this re-pinnable ? How do it remove the cables and pins from the socket.

Thanks

8FBE73CE-5D1F-4C32-9BEC-EB308A2DB347.jpeg
6002F7A9-57CA-4627-916C-324402CE801C.jpeg
2B207C22-A997-49D3-A8F7-D2DA142DE782.jpeg

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Good morning CS,
The 997 has been throwing an indicator fault randomly yet every time I got out and checked it was working.

After it trolling me for a couple of weeks, I’ve ascertained it to be the front left turn signal, more notably the wiring.
Wiggling the brown cable will cause it to go in and out of fault.
Naturally I can’t find the loom anywhere or the part number, and if I do, I’m sure it’ll be a few hundred….

So, is this re-pinnable ? How do it remove the cables and pins from the socket.

Thanks

View attachment 1655441View attachment 1655444View attachment 1655445
Try popping that red tab out and the pins might slide out but might still be held in with wee prongs on the terminals you can get cheap depinning tools on fleebay

997.1, Caddy, e208
Try popping that red tab out and the pins might slide out but might still be held in with wee prongs on the terminals you can get cheap depinning tools on fleebay
Cheers for the response, fixed it today.

Pulled the white connector with needle nose pliers as its a locking mechanism, then used a two screwdriver combo to release the pin - tha wire had snapped so had to release it with one 'driver and push with another.
I now have fully working indicators again.

The Porsche's of this era are like BMW's today, where they throw a serious sounding light for everything. I'm fed up having a big red ! on my dash. If it's not fuel, it's a bulb

997.1, Caddy, e208
😂😂 I have adermatoglyphia, a genetic mutation in the SMARCAD1 gene, so I've got very red, very wrinkly hands, with no fingerprints.

997.1, Caddy, e208
I was born too late now dna tracing is a thing.
I could've had a field day in years gone by!!

Always a game of roulette going to America too, when they want biometric data on entry