ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Depreciation again?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3095455.htm

The only reason I put this up is because my boss has the exact same car his is a gen2 though on a 10 plate.

The price caught my eye again as he had a white gen 1 and got peanuts for it trading in against a Red gen 2.

120k car new. It's not like they are bad cars. One of the quickest road cars out there but they don't shout about it. Maybe too subtle?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3054161.htm £60,000!

3054161-1.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Blue one with Black wheels looks great... You need some seriously deep pockets to cope with that kind of depreciation though, although I suppose its comparative, the more you spend the bigger the loss when it comes to sell on, percentage wise its probably the same sort of depreciation you would suffer on a Ford Focus

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed J. There's always going to be a big drop at that end. It's not exactly rare either tbf.

RS6 C7
we got offered a 911 turbo with 30k on the clock on a 57 plate, Uk registered full M.O.T and everything. £36k!, was once a 100k car

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The GT3 is the pick for me. Perfect colour combo too, subtle but classy.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cobalt Blue is one of the only dark Blues I like. Never usually a fan on most cars.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's literally perfect. First thing I'd buy with a lottery win would be a gt3.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Those decals even look shat on the actual RS. My boss put them on his white Turbo! As well as porsche decals "shields" on the wings.

It looked s**t.

TTRS & V50
You should see the price places like 'we buy any car' pay for these.

I worked for one of these types of companies (I won't disclose which) and we bought a couple of these at eye watering depreciation. At least 10% below lowest book price.

320d
I suppose the depreciation is because a lot of people buying the prestige brands want them brand new. When people come to buy them second hand not a lot of people want to pay 80-90K for a used car so few are sold at that price so the prices are dropped until people will take a punt on them, supply and demand and all that.

Either way you look at it you could have a 997 Turbo used or an M3 new. I'd be in the 997. Bargain at that price.

Awesome but personally I'd still take a GT-R over any of those.

Always thought the 911 looks a little bit like a toy car sitting on the wrong scale chassis. Front and rear overhangs are laughable.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Customer of mine bought a audi r8 v10 on an 11 plate with 1000 miles on the clock and got £25k off the list price!
Not that it matters to him because daddy paid for it..

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

That one is for sale beside my work!

Gorgeous car!

I was test driving a 911 997 3.6 on friday night and was surprised how well they handled. Very very planted just needs some more HPs.