ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Derv Content.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Owned my dCi 100 for nearly a year now. So thought I would show you all.
Can honestly say never had a problem with it, I'd even put it out there and say one of the most reliable car's I've owned. *Touch wood JINX*

Picture's speak a thousand word's so here we go.

When I first purchased her:

DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

I gave her a service and cleaned the EGR Valve out, was shocked at how blocked it was:

DSCN0677.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0688.jpg

Next came to tidy the front end up, and what better than a CS Grille plus SilverVision's. Purchased the Grille of TimMB on here: Thanks!

DSCN0787.jpg

DSCN0788.jpg

Was happy with how it was looking on the outside now. :)
So decided to shine up the engine mount, what a difference for a bit of elbow grease.

DSCN0794.jpg

DSCN0798.jpg

The car did how quite a bit of poke, but I just wanted that little bit more.
Was tossing and turning about getting her remapped or not; but finally did.
Best decision ever I think, running a lot smoother when taking it steady; but when you put your foot down the Torque is amazing.

All I can say to everyone who is thinking of getting their's done, DO IT!

DSCN1164.jpg

DSCN1175.jpg

DSCN1173.jpg

The gains where about 22bhp more and 45lb/ft torque. Take in mind I went for the 50/50 remap as did not want to take the brilliant fuel economy away from it.
Getting a average of 5-6mpg more. Still never seen below 50mpg when giving it some.

Next came a Type R aerial. Nice cheap clean little mod!

DSCN1181.jpg

Am now happy with her. :D
Future mod's will be Eibach Sportlines and RS Mats. DONE!

Was contemplating Colour Coding, but am happy with how she stand's - maybe in a year or two though.

So off to a local meet with a dCi 65, dCi 80 and my 100. Was good to see them all together.

DSCN1292.jpg

DSCN1296.jpg

Cheers

What spec is that? eg dynamique?

I was under the impression the only non-sport to come with xenons was the initiale spec, which I also thought only came in a 1.6.16v :/

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Clio dCi 100 Dynamique 2005 on a 54 Reg - Factory fitted Xenons, 6 CD Changer, Cold Pack and Automatic Headlights Sensor / Rain Sensor. Think that's it from what I can remember of the top of my head. :)
Plan's are to fit Cruise Control soon, as not a big job.

You can get a Initiale dCi 100 but don't personally like the cream interior, just all the extra's.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What spec is that? eg dynamique?

I was under the impression the only non-sport to come with xenons was the initiale spec, which I also thought only came in a 1.6.16v :/

They're an option on Dynamiques. Mine had them from the factory too... I had pretty much every option on that thing from new. lol.

DSC00802.jpg

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Thanks for all the positive feedback! :)

They're an option on Dynamiques. Mine had them from the factory too... I had pretty much every option on that thing from new. lol.

DSC00802.jpg

Looks nice colour coded! Got any more picture's Christopher? Different angles?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Thanks for all the positive feedback! :)

Looks nice colour coded! Got any more picture's Christopher? Different angles?

I'll post them up later mate. It's a carbon bonnet by the way, not an iffy paint finish. That was the most mint car I ever had.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
That EGR valve :dead: .. this is why all cars should be driven properly (when warm!!). Take it to/near the red line at least once each journey (as long as it's properly warm like 10/15 mins of driving) and it'll keep it clear.

Sash's dCi used to just billow smoke Uncle Buck style until I did a few miles in it ;) Wimmin.. psssh.

Enjoy :)

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Cool as feck with the standard Xenons!

Cheers :D
Must admit, heard the first sign's of electric sunroof rattle today. :banghead:

On a positive note, picture of weekend camping with the Mrs. A picture to sum up the bank holiday weekend:

6097272249_c1fd570b2b_b.png

DSCN1342 by Tonka-Truck, on Flickr

Improvised rain shelter, Mrs getting smoked out & lovely sun set!

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
think i cursed you with the sunroof rattle when we were talking about it a few weeks ago ;)

best story i had from mine was when i took aldo_87 from here a blast and we came off a roundabout onto a long straight up hill road and a 172 cup came flying up behind us, i sank the boot in 4th gear and held him off on the other side of the road from 40mph to about 90 odd when he finally was far enough in front to pull back in, we pulled into a services and he jumped out as my car was sitting with the xenons on with a big smile on his face saying he didnt realise cup's were that much faster than normal sports, then as he took a few steps closer he just frooze and put his ear towards it! lol

was a total hero car, one of they cars (most people probably own one car in their life like this) that you know it shouldnt be quite as quick and surprizing as it is, but somehow it just is!