ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

describing your car

VW Potato

if someone asks what you drive, what do you say? if theyre car nuts, i say Clio Sport, the two litre one. If theyre not into cars, i say oh, just a little Clio.

how do you respond to that question?

g

Been racking my brains and I can honestley say that in 14 years of car ownership, nobody has EVER asked me what I drive!

I feel left out :(

Lee

BMW M2C

I got at asked over the weekend at Santa Pod what I was running. This was by a girl I used to work with. I just replied "a little blue Clio". And pointed to roughly where it was parked.

She asked what sort of time I was running and told her, so I assume she realised it wasnt a 1.2 ;) Shen then went on to tell me that she had just got a 230bhp imported Prelude with her other half and they had come along to run it. Unfortunately they turned up to late to sign in.

I had no idea she was so into cars when I worked with her!!

I always say to both car nuts and not so car crazy, "i drive a 2 litre clio". The sexy beast parked outside!!

last person that asked i said i had a Jap Style Clio!

Then they were interested coz if u say i have a Clio RT they jus think its standard

Clio v6

I usually say "A wee Clio but one of those ones with wider bits on it".

and to car nuts I just say "The one with the engine in the back" If they ask "Whats it like"? I tend to say "Its all right for a Clio"

I said to someone the other day, "oh its a 1.6 litre clio", and got the response (this from a female friend of mine) "oh yeah, clios my grans got one of them"

"a clio". and hope they dont ask anymore questions.

Not that Im embarassed of my car, I just think that people that dont know cars wouldnt want any more information, and those that do will ask for it.

VW Potato

coz thats the problem, isnt it - if you go all technical on them ("its a RenaultSport Clio 172 2.0 16v) they think your sum sad dumb ass. Or, if you say Clio, they (as was said above) they say my nan has one. That said, what is quite cool, is if you say oh, its just a Clio and then they see it/travel inside it, they usually go gosh, this is nice. Then you come across as a modest bode who has no need to get braggy about his motor coz it speaks for itself.

g

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 05 August 2003

coz thats the problem, isnt it - if you go all technical on them ("its a RenaultSport Clio 172 2.0 16v) they think your sum sad dumb ass. Or, if you say Clio, they (as was said above) they say my nan has one. That said, what is quite cool, is if you say oh, its just a Clio and then they see it/travel inside it, they usually go gosh, this is nice. Then you come across as a modest bode who has no need to get braggy about his motor coz it speaks for itself.

g
Exactly. I cant be bothered trying to explain, just let the car do the talking.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

2 litre Clio.

If they know their cars, they know what Im talking about

If they dont theyre usually female and think the car is cute, and they really want one

If they think its a VolksWagen (dont ask:cry:) I just say "no, its a Renault"

Now this one is a kicker and shows just how LITTLE salespeople know...
When I was looking to replace the Corsa, I went to a ford dealer to testdrive a Fiesta. A few days later he phones up to see if Im still interested and I say "No Ive just bought a Clio" he answers and I kid you not

"Oh you you bought a Fiat did you"

I just said yes, sighed and hung up

Golf 1.4 TSI

i always say clio and that usually ends that conversation. only when people are in it are pleasantly surprised with the way it looks and drives etc. better that way doesnt draw to much attention to the car

Not a Clio

if they know their cars then "clio 16v" if they dont then it doesnt matter what i say, as soon as "clio" comes out of my mouth they laugh and talk about it being a girls car so i just shrug and walk away.

Si.

I just say "clio". Dont give a f**k what anyone else thinks of my car, I love it, and thats all that maters to me!

If they then see it and ask more then ill answer thier questions, otherwise I dont elaberate at all, to much explaining that there is an engine where most clios have back seats. People look at you as though your mad!

Quote: Originally posted by 16V_Matt on 05 August 2003

its simple

to blokes i say Clio 16v

to women i say blue one lol
I once went to look at a Fiesta RST, back in the days when they were quite new, the sales bloke came out and asked if I was interested. Yes, tell me about this car, I was expecting the lowdown on the car but all I got was;

"Its red luv" and a tut.

I then asked him what the performance difference was over the standard 1.6 XR2i and the later 1.8 XR2i.....didnt see his ass for dust as he hurried back to his boss to ask!!! He missed out on a sale coz there was NO way I was gonna buy off him after that...:mad:

Oh yeah, back to the point...I tell blokes (like these) its "a Clio" just to see the look on their faces as I drive off....classic :D

yeah - i get the same in oz as well!!!!

I say its a Renault Clio Sport.

Funnily, quite a few of my mates over here who know about it usually answer for me and say "its one of those little Clios with 124killowatts - it flies".

had a girl ask me to take her out on a second date, saying "when are you going to take me out in your faster-than-a-porsche (she meant boxter) car again to somewhere where we cant be found". Suffice to say she got several brownie points for that comment!!!!!! She also got something else;)!!

Martin

R5 Gordini Turbo

I just said a Clio which generally gets a look of "Ooooohh my Mum/Nan has one" now I just say S3 and I get stared at blankly.