ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Design fixed for 1,000mph car

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Am I right in thinking that the veyron is quicker than that bluebird?

i think its awe inspiring i really do. people say theres jack all to be interested in, aim for, etc...

i know sod all bout high speed stuff but i slightly worried on the aero of the thing. the ss thrust looked so wide/planted/fast.

Clio 182 with cup kits
Won't be long before someone on here gets a clio 182 with an ej200 jet strapped to it and nitros oxide just for good measure. Inferno red will be the chosen colour.;)

ValverInBits
BTW, in the specs it mentions, 1 jet, 1 rocket and 1 V12 petrol engine.

The V12 petrol engine only serves as a fuel pump for the jet iirc.

edit
In the middle of the BLOODHOUND SSC is the MCT V12 800 bhp race engine which doubles as our APU delivering hydraulic power as needed, starting the EJ200 and of course pumping the High Test Peroxide (HTP) through to the Falcon rocket. The pump has to move a ton of HTP through to the rocket catalyst in 22 seconds and at 1200 psi. Th

It does a little hyraulic work, but mostly just delivers fuel to the rocket (at 81 bar!) . nuff fuel. LOL!

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
I joined this club ages ago,I think it was £70-£75 as a full one membership.You get to see testing etc and have a full rundown with Richard Noble(very nice chap indeed).Good cause and I hope they do it.

SG9 Forester STi
Wow if they manage it, although somehow I think they wont. Interesting though! Lol at the video...race?

It's A Reno

edit

It does a little hyraulic work, but mostly just delivers fuel to the rocket (at 81 bar!) . nuff fuel. LOL!

The 2 operations are probably integral. It's common practice to save weight by using the engine fuel as the hydraulic medium too, and that's why the 1 engine serves both processes.

It's A Reno
It is hard to comprehend going at 1000mph. They will do the measured mile in 3.6 seconds. :eek:

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
In terms of design I think this is outstanding
If they manage will be very impressed however I think it will take a fair few attempts imo

edit

The MCT V12 is a Superleague engine with some minor modifications. There's a few bits in there that I've worked on (it runs a Pectel SQ6M), along with some of the speed over ground stuff and with a bit of luck we'll get some electronics integration stuff at a later date as well.

Brilliant project and I strongly believe they'll do it!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
They were at Autosport, as ever. I had a little chat with one of the blokes. Clearly very passionate about it, which is great to see. Went through some of the facts and it's just mind boggling. A Cosworth F1 engine... just as an Aux power unit.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
The place I work is sponsoring this and they had a model of it at work one day. It's an early design and had a different fin and the rocket engine on top at that point.
5009_119121126353_598226353_3037944_7685371_n.jpg