ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gen 2 cup car , purchase advise

clio 172
Hi mates.

I’ve been offered a clio mk2 cup car. This is not a street car conversion, but an actual cup car. The price is extremely reasonable too.

I’m asking for some help here in regards of what I should be looking for in regards of car health or history. I have a few straight up questions:

1.- does the roll cage need upgrading to meet any current Fia standards?

2.- are steering parts still available ?

3.- are the sachs damper service parts still available ?

4.- seller is including spare parts to service the sadev transmission. I guess parts are still available through ktech or sadev?

5.- I know some items (belts , seats , fire supression) expire , but the seller will deliver the car ready to pass inspection.

What else should I be looking for ? Is there away to know the history of the car ? According to seller , it’s not been rolled or crashed during his possession (10 years), but the previous 10 years are unknown.

please advise , and thanks for your help !

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Get some pics of it uploaded so we can have a look:cool:

Suspension/steering parts are available if you look in the right places.

clio 172
Here’s a quick pic

Attachments

• 237197FE-BC0B-48B5-8713-5A9F9FE043A1.jpeg
    237197FE-BC0B-48B5-8713-5A9F9FE043A1.jpeg
    704.5 KB · Views: 150

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Have they actually got their blood groups on the rear side windows!? 🙉😅

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
another cup car has just gone up for sale. Check out tensport performance's FB page. Not sure what the price is but looks a good motor

clio 172
Yeah , all the cars at that event had the blood group displayed like that. I’m pretty sure in case they needed a transfusion , the windows would surely not be there anymore. I’m guessing the officials write down the information at every check point ?