ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Designers opinions needed

Anyone here any good at designing sites? I'm crap at it and I've been doing this tonight http://www.biggomp.com but I'm just wondering if someone can give me some hints on what to do to it. Looks too dull to me, but have no idea what to do to liven it up. Any advice?

Fiat Panda 100hp
lol ok, your just looks like one, with the text and all. Needs brighting up. Try using more colours

When ever i have been web designing i try and find a colour scheme which works well. e.g. Dark Grey and Apple/Lime Green

What program are you using?

I have just started using Microsoft Expression, seems good. I probs prefer it as im used to MS products more than Macromedia.

Here is a site i did using PHP, not got site uploaded so took a screenshot. Did this for a uni project.

PicHouse.gif

Also, Contego... how long you business been running?

Need any help? been trying to get my foot in the IT door since i graduated this summer, proving hard at the moment but want to be a technician.

Using scite for the coding and Photoshop cs2 for the images. I'm mainly a coder and never been good at the designing part of the sites

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm currently doing a site at work to sell electronic parts (modules that we've designed) and other parts such as LCD's (we have quite a large stock of these!) & various components.

The design was done in Illustrator and then exported into photoshop for cutting & slicing reading for html & css.

What I've discovered is that all shopping cart solutions are w**k!

Fiat Panda 100hp
Also, Contego... how long you business been running?

Need any help? been trying to get my foot in the IT door since i graduated this summer, proving hard at the moment but want to be a technician.

Lol, I'm 18 at college also studying to be a techy. I have only had a handful of customers.

But its nice to know that it looks professional enough to get noticed.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i thought you were good at web design matey, or am i gettin mixed up with someone else?(edit just read your a coder not a designer :D)

the site looks ok, but how about a nice background pattern, with a page style layout in the center than your webpage sits in. with a nice shadowed border or somethin.

let me know if you want a hand, i can knock one up if you like!

Think I get what ya mean lol Can knock up a quick example if you want, just so I see if it's what I'm thinking. Cheers

This looking better now?

Just looked in IE, few things aren't right. Will sort that out later

Last edited:
  306 TD Slut
my friend does his sites in image ready and creates the slices in there, i dont understand why, or how he does it, gets confusing with all those slices.

i use dreamweaver for everything, css and design/code.

I used to use tables but havent for a while, i had to modify a site at work which was made with tables.. its so annoying trying to get the cells to size etc..

Cheers :) I've only just really started to learn photoshop as I've never needed it before, so not got the hang of designing pages first. digimods.com has become my best friend lately lol