ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DESPERATE help needed!!!

Car = '51 plate clio sport 172 and i've only got one key....the dog chewed it and has kinda mashed up the key and obviously the immobiliser bit is a bit knackered, and sometimes takes me 10+ minutes to hold the key together in the right position to get the car started, so I need a new key.

Going to Renault is 100% out of the question as they want just under £200 for a new key and to recode it to my car etc.

i'm bidding on a key on ebay..... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....30012393308&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1

Can this be re-coded to suit my car????

anyone got any suggestions, cheaper than renault dealer???

any help..VERY much appreciated

cheers
Matt

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
He said the dog chewed the one he has...lol
Si is saying why does he only have one (as in the one the dog chewed)

Maz

LY 200
Gweebs he said he only had one key and now the dog has chewed that .. or that is how I read it ??? :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£200??!! Someones having your pants down sunshine, our dealers only charges £120 to supply and fit new keys.

133/225/CLS AMG
Skin the dog, make a handbag, sell it as designer ware on e-bay and cover the cost of the key!!! ;)

i boughtthe car with one key, then the dog chewed it, anyway, much appreciated if wecan keep the topic to the main point of attmept on helping me find a cheaper version than renault.

cheers
Matt

al

ST on the way...
The metal bit on the one on eBay looks a little bit short.

4c_1_b.jpg

Why don't you try a shoe repairers and key cutters.
One of my friends own's a shoe repairers. He can recode from your original the immobiliser
and then you only need the blank?
Tel

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Keys must be bought new from Renault - you cannot reprogramme a used key with another cars details. The part number for a new plip key is 8200067907 £51.05.

If you buy a used key thats already been programmed in your getting your pants pulled down - it will not work