ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah it's all about the sword bearer and the communication with the people firing rockets at Crota - we were standing on the left shooting the boomers and hive whilst the sword bearer stood on the left stones like you recommended. We switched our sword bearer from a warlock to a titan and was doing a lot more damage (plus the second guy seemed to have a better sense of timing)

Will be on tonight anyway Gorms so will look to see if you're about, if not tomorrow as you mentioned. Would really love a new raid weapon as only have 1 so far - although would happily settle for energy as I need so much to become a 32!

Mito Sportiva 135
In about an hour last night, got my new character up to lvl 7 from 2 - mainly from bounties. It is actually quite fun doing all the low end stuff again and seeing the 'level up' message pop onto the screen!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes that's what I will be doing this weekend - have some duplicate raid pieces now for titans so will probably keep both sets for now although will just concentrate on upgrading one set
Disappointingly, there doesn't seem to be anything good to buy from Xur this week, except the exotic boots for the titan

DO NOT waste your money on No Land Beyond - I've had it before and it's awful; slow fire rate, small magazine and not that powerful. Avoid!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Is there still scope for someone low level to get into this game? I got it on release, and got my character to level 12/13, but stopped playing. Have I missed the boat in terms of levelling up and getting into raids?

Mito Sportiva 135
Course it's not too late! I am level 10 on my second character now, once you get to 20 it's all about equipment - which you can get quite quickly if you do the bounties, raids and weekly missions/nightfall missions

There are lots of helpful communities out there and players always keen to help out less levelled players - it's quite a relaxed environment and people are generally quite patient with less experienced guardians (although this can wear thin if they don't listen to advice!)

Clio Sport 172
Could really use a trade function, either to swap non class equipment for class equipment or handing it down to lower level players who could make use of it.

Mito Sportiva 135
I disagree - they have purposefully avoided a trading system so a WoW style market doesn't emerge. e.g. people paying other players for items
Also means it's more challenging to get the bits you want, and more rewarding as a result

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Course it's not too late! I am level 10 on my second character now, once you get to 20 it's all about equipment - which you can get quite quickly if you do the bounties, raids and weekly missions/nightfall missions

There are lots of helpful communities out there and players always keen to help out less levelled players - it's quite a relaxed environment and people are generally quite patient with less experienced guardians (although this can wear thin if they don't listen to advice!)
I might well pick the game up again, I miss raiding and things (I'm an ex WoW player).

Is there still scope for someone low level to get into this game? I got it on release, and got my character to level 12/13, but stopped playing. Have I missed the boat in terms of levelling up and getting into raids?

No you haven't missed any boats. Definitely worth revisiting it. Although it's a very social game. Only really enjoyable in the long term with friends. On your own it will quickly become tiresome.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
No you haven't missed any boats. Definitely worth revisiting it. Although it's a very social game. Only really enjoyable in the long term with friends. On your own it will quickly become tiresome.
I think that's what caused me to go off the game in the first place, I found it boring after a while.

Shame. It's a seriously flawed game. Downright irritating more often than not, but sharing the experience with friends keeps me coming back. The gunplay is always excellent. Thrilling shooter.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
The premise is great as far as I'm concerned - I'd love to be able to hear up enough to get into raids etc. The handling (for want of a better word) took me a while to get used to, but then, I'd never really played any games by Bungie before this one.

They have their s**t down in terms of conveying weapon and combat feel through a computer program. The best I've ever experienced, and very much like Halo.

GTD, Lupo
How has everyone got on with the new raid? I managed to completed it twice. The first took 8 minutes from start to finish and the second took about 2 hours. The second run was massively glitchy. Things like 3 ogres, sword disappearing, ogres spawn in random places, sword bearer just going for a walk, Crotas shield not dropping...

I managed to get the hand cannon, scout rifle and the pulse rifle. I also picked up the bike thingie and the horrible shader. I have tomorrow off so I'm going to give it a good go in the morning.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sorry...8 minutes?? From the start of the raid until the end on hard??? If so think you have just beaten the current speed record by about 20 minutes!!!
I've not finished it on hard yet - the people I was playing with weren't very coordinated so just pulled out as wasn't getting anywhere. But went to do VOG on Hard and won the Fatebringer so was fairly happy as wanted it a while (shame it's only 300 damage, but good to have in the collection anyway)
Also levelled up my Husk of the Pit to legendary and got the Song of Ir heavy machine gun from killing Crota on normal. Disappointingly no more radiant energy so still about level 31.5
For me this is still a great game, as such good fun to play with friends - having said that I now play with friends of friends of friends and as long as people aren't complete idiots, it's good fun!
p.s. Gorms I should be on tonight if you want to do Nightfalls/raid...

GTD, Lupo
Sorry...8 minutes?? From the start of the raid until the end on hard??? If so think you have just beaten the current speed record by about 20 minutes!!!
I've not finished it on hard yet - the people I was playing with weren't very coordinated so just pulled out as wasn't getting anywhere. But went to do VOG on Hard and won the Fatebringer so was fairly happy as wanted it a while (shame it's only 300 damage, but good to have in the collection anyway)
Also levelled up my Husk of the Pit to legendary and got the Song of Ir heavy machine gun from killing Crota on normal. Disappointingly no more radiant energy so still about level 31.5
For me this is still a great game, as such good fun to play with friends - having said that I now play with friends of friends of friends and as long as people aren't complete idiots, it's good fun!
p.s. Gorms I should be on tonight if you want to do Nightfalls/raid...

Hah no 8 mins to just do Crota. Only just finished work so no chance tonight. I managed to get my third character through the hard raid at 8:55 this morning so just before the reset. I now have all the weapons apart from the hunger of rota but with gjallahorn I'm not too bothered.

Mito Sportiva 135
Wow fair play mate! Would be good to do the hard mode with you as still not done that yet. Last night did the raid in under an hour and got a good new solar sniper for my troubles - which makes me feel better about not getting the Icebreaker (although I still want it!)
Also not got the Gjallahorn but the Valedictorian seems a very capable replacement
Tonight my plan is to do the nightfall, get to level 4 with Eris and then get my second character up to level 18. I nearly have a second set of raid armour he can use when I get there too so things are coming together quite well, just need loads more energy still to get to 32 on my main titan

Mito Sportiva 135
Does anyone else get these glitches on Destiny, or just me?

Firstly, if I play the game then turn it off, often when I re-enter the game it stays on the loading screen forever until I do a full machine restart

Secondly, sometimes when I am in a party it won't let me join party chat (have to switch to gamechat)?

Also, did the nightfall last night - is it me or was this harder than Crota's End? First time we did with Omnigul on about 20% health, I was so depressed about having to run through it all again! I only got 10 strange coins too

Mito Sportiva 135
Wow. Just got the new solar auto rifle for doing the raid on hard last night - absolutely amazing. Already overtaken The Thorn as my favourite gun and I've not even unlocked many upgrades for it yet. It's essentially a machine gun but in your primary slot. We all got it by just doing the bridge bit. I also got up to level 4 with Eris so a fairly productive evening! My titan now looks like a demonic version of Batman, with the full raid gear and the exotic ruin wing gauntlets.
Xur has Dragon's Breath this weekend so will definitely buy that; I don't have any of the other top tier rocket launchers (Gjallahorn, Truth, Hunger of Crota) so will be pleased to add one to the armoury. Having said that I've got the Valedictorian which seems impressive and my friend who has it levelled highly rates it

Mito Sportiva 135
You should definitely get it if you intend to keep playing the game. Essentially if you don't get it, you'll be left behind. It's a bit cheeky but I've definitely got my moneys worth out of it - the new strike and raid are really good and lots of new loot. The bounties you need to do for Eris to level up your reputation with him are REALLY tedious but the shader you can buy is sick (although still hoping for the black/white Dead Orbit one to drop at some point...)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
You should definitely get it if you intend to keep playing the game. Essentially if you don't get it, you'll be left behind. It's a bit cheeky but I've definitely got my moneys worth out of it - the new strike and raid are really good and lots of new loot. The bounties you need to do for Eris to level up your reputation with him are REALLY tedious but the shader you can buy is sick (although still hoping for the black/white Dead Orbit one to drop at some point...)

Yeah, I've noticed more dark below stuff now on bounties, etc. I hit level 30 last night too.

White APE
I'm level 26 currently.

I've tried VOG several times but I'm only ever playing by myself and can't get past the first bit as the pretorrians muller me.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
We did Crota's end normal run last night in 19:48 with 1 major f**k up and 1 small one. Fastest one we can find on YouTube is 19:07. We had f**k ups and two people who aren't in our main team and are level 30.

Can easily break into the 18 minutes. That's with no cheesing and no full team wipes (everyone but one person dies once we've got 1 person over the bridge legitimately because it's quicker to solo it)

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm level 26 currently.

I've tried VOG several times but I'm only ever playing by myself and can't get past the first bit as the pretorrians muller me.
That sounds quite futile mate - you need at least 3 people (1 per plate) to do that, and should be 28 at least too!
I got my second character to 20 so now have 2 titans. I did Crota from start to finish in about an hour last night and got some shards/energy and a THIRD set of raid gauntlets, so after recycling that I now only need 7 more shards and to finish upgrading my new exotic helmet. Happy days!

Mito Sportiva 135
We did Crota's end normal run last night in 19:48 with 1 major f**k up and 1 small one. Fastest one we can find on YouTube is 19:07. We had f**k ups and two people who aren't in our main team and are level 30.

Can easily break into the 18 minutes. That's with no cheesing and no full team wipes (everyone but one person dies once we've got 1 person over the bridge legitimately because it's quicker to solo it)
That's impressive! Think The only bit we sort of cheese is the second bridge. How do you do that bridge on hard? Our method is where you have 1 person on the top of the tower at the back and 1 person who goes across and sits there invisible

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That's impressive! Think The only bit we sort of cheese is the second bridge. How do you do that bridge on hard? Our method is where you have 1 person on the top of the tower at the back and 1 person who goes across and sits there invisible
We make a point of not cheesing it. So we do it properly with as many people across as possible. Usually 5 or 6.

When I mentioned the bridge that's what I'm talking about. We just get one person in normal mode though as it's quicker.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah we do now, when we've cheated on it, it felt very lame - what's the point? First time I was ok with it as just wanted to say I've done it

Mito Sportiva 135
Also, do you have the Abyss Defiant yet?? Finding it an absolute beast of a gun and not even fully unlocked yet

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Also, do you have the Abyss Defiant yet?? Finding it an absolute beast of a gun and not even fully unlocked yet
Yeah but I'm not an auto rifle fan. I've got the word of crota on the go at the minute and oversouk edict. Also hawkmoon but if you're on XBO you won't know that that is.

Hand cannons are my thing.

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't usually use auto rifles - but the Abyss is really good. I use it with the upgrade, whereby you do more damage but a lower fire rate if zoomed in. Coupled with a machine gun and a fusion rifle you can do an incredible amount of damage without reloading!

I would love the word of crota; I have Thorn fully upgraded which is amazing, and just got Fatebringer too but not upgraded it yet. Everyone raves about it but as max 300 damage, I think it will be moderately useful at best...

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Only started this on Saturday, and I'm not sure on it.

The gameplay is ace, the graphics are sweet.
Just seems to be lacking a general plot, aside run round and blow s**t up (which is fine, but having a reason to do it would be better)

I'm only about 3 hours into it and up to level 8, is there something I'm missing, or does it just not involve any real brain power?

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh there is no real story to be honest, so if that's what you're looking for I would give up now. You will find initially you like the game, then when you get to 20 you will be like 'now what' and it will either go 1 of 2 ways. Either you will bin it and move onto something else, or you will continue to play it every single day and obsess over getting to 32, levelling your guns, completing the raids and playing for hours to get a pretty shader, like I do!

Also, the game only comes into its own if you play with others. I only actually play with 2 people I know 'in real life' but have built up a squad of several players who, like me, play all the time and have got a good bit of banter with now. A lot of the enjoyment is getting a new gun or way of doing things, which helps you to be seen as the don. PVP is OK but it's all about raids and nightfalls really for me - and also what you will need to do in order to acquire the best loot

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Fair play, I had a feeling you were going to say that.

I'll probably play through the missions until I'm bored of it.
I don't mind the occasional bit of online play, but I'd rather be progressing through a story or plot.

Mito Sportiva 135
To be honest, I just dragged myself through the campaign, the game only gets good post level 20 really (and when you start getting the good stuff!)
The story was disappointing, it feels like they sucked some narrative out so that each mission can be played in isolation and you don't get confused - don't really mind though, I enjoy what it is!