ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
You have to do these things to get into the raids. If you get to 29 though you should be able to easily do Crota on normal if you're in a good team. Maybe even a 28. I agree it's a pain to get to 31 only to then have to win and upgrade a whole other set to get to 32, so good if you can skip doing that!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
You have to do these things to get into the raids. If you get to 29 though you should be able to easily do Crota on normal if you're in a good team. Maybe even a 28. I agree it's a pain to get to 31 only to then have to win and upgrade a whole other set to get to 32, so good if you can skip doing that!
Oh I don't doubt that - I know that it's going to be a grind. I know I could do one of the raids, I just don't know 6 people to raid up with!

Mito Sportiva 135
Like I said, I can help you on normal if you're minimum level and/or use Destiny LFG to find people. I use it to get checkpoints on Atheon when I can't be bothered to do the whole Vault of Glass raid

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Like I said, I can help you on normal if you're minimum level and/or use Destiny LFG to find people. I use it to get checkpoints on Atheon when I can't be bothered to do the whole Vault of Glass raid
That'd be good, cheers. As I'm level 29, I assume I'll be at least minimum level.

Mito Sportiva 135
What's your username? I will invite you if I see you online this week. Worth watching a Youtube video in advance to see what to expect. Essentially 4 steps:

1. Thrall run/lanterns
2. Gatekeeper bridge
3. Deathsinger
4. Crota

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
What's your username? I will invite you if I see you online this week. Worth watching a Youtube video in advance to see what to expect. Essentially 4 steps:

1. Thrall run/lanterns
2. Gatekeeper bridge
3. Deathsinger
4. Crota
My GT is BobbyBoRegis (don't ask).

Cool, I'll be on most evenings to be fair. Cheers :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool well add me - Brando M83
Will probably be later in the week - as I said though try Destiny LFG to find people in the meantime and maybe get some experience

Mito Sportiva 135
Gatekeeper can be hard - even at level 32 it's not that simple! Atheon is more complicated to kill than Crota I guess but more rewarding - plus if you all use decent snipers and have a titan with weapons of light, you can do 20,000 damage each shot and take him down in 2 runs really easily

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I had a look at VoG last night, on normal. Just two of us entered it though, so we didn't get anywhere. Was good to have a mooch about though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Did you raise the tower with the preatorians attacking you at the start then? VOG is a LOT bigger area wise with some cool interlude sections. Crota's End is more like a deluxe strike - VOG you do really need a fully party to do it

Mito Sportiva 135
Ah mate I'll be on later if you can wait a few hours?? I need to do all my nightfalls if you and/or Jake are interested too...?
This is the week I get my gjallahorn...!
(Or more realistically, more lame legendary weapons, armour for a class I don't have, and strange coins)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Did you raise the tower with the preatorians attacking you at the start then? VOG is a LOT bigger area wise with some cool interlude sections. Crota's End is more like a deluxe strike - VOG you do really need a fully party to do it
Nah, there was only two of us so we couldn't get them raised. A third person (and a fourth, fifth and sixth ideally...!) would have meant it was simple, as it seemed like an easy mechanic to work with.

Mito Sportiva 135
Was working OK for me last night but wasn't on for long - did a weekly but no nightfalls, but did Crota on hard and finally got the raid helmet which replenishes your health with orbs. Now have 200+ radiant shards - such a waste!

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I keep getting shards but not energy, and that's what I need!

Hopefully got 6 of us ready to do VoG on Friday too. Then we'll look at crota.

Mito Sportiva 135
I honestly think Crota is easier than VOG - but VOG is a much better true raid experience, to enjoy with some friends

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Getting Hawk errors the brief time I tried to play Destiny tonight. Think it was something completely different the other day. Big bucket of arse. Ordered a new wireless router, it's probably at fault.

Mito Sportiva 135
Potentially - mine was fine last night, even with my terrible 1mb connection!
From my 3 nightfalls, the only thing I got which is vaguely useful is the void version of the Longbow Synthesis sniper rifle - also have the arc version and the blackhammer which is solar. On top of my Icebreaker and Patience and Time exotics, now pretty happy with my sniper collection!
Now have Atheon x 3 to complete and Crota x 2 to do over the weekend, need to maximise my chances of exotics to get the final ones I need!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still stuck with my stupid blue chest, it's bugging me now. I need about 40 Vanguard Marks to be able to buy one. Then I just need Ascendant Shards :(

Mito Sportiva 135
That's nothing - you can do that in a day! How many ascendant shards do you need? I have a billion and don't use them on anything - hopefully they will be used for House of Wolves gear otherwise just a waste of space!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
That's nothing - you can do that in a day! How many ascendant shards do you need? I have a billion and don't use them on anything - hopefully they will be used for House of Wolves gear otherwise just a waste of space!

I know, it's finding a free day in which to do it in! I should manage it before the reset on Tuesday to be fair. I reckon I'll need around 30-35 shares in total. I suppose that once I start getting into raids, I'll end up with a lot more of them!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah you will - you probably want radiant shards though eventually, ascendant end up being worthless - the currency system is a bit flawed!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
RNGesus loves me
Second CE NM run ever and got Black Hammer (I understand it's quite good?)... first one I got Hunger of Crota. Also got some gauntlets that aren't better than my Ruin Wings.
The Last Word and MIDA dropped for two of my clanmates from Crota

Last edited:

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Plea for help with some noobs.
We're on the last bit of vault of glass but our 6th player has dropped out. We're desperate to finish it tonight. Anyone available to give us a hand?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
We did it earlier for a mate of mine. Are you using arc weapons?
Yarp. If Urzok was by himself it wouldn't be so much of an issue.. all hell breaks loose though (whether it's warsat or whether he arrives during the other random event)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone fancy jumping into a raid with me and my mate this evening? We're both level 30 and getting extremely bored of strikes!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It'll likely be around 9pm, maybe just before - I can be flexible but will check with my friend Steve. It's just 2 of us, so assume we'd need a couple of others too.

I assume we should also be doing the Nightfall too - we've done the weekly Heroic, but the last time I ventured into a Nightfall, I think I lasted 30/40 seconds before I ran away :( in fairness I'm better geared now, and my desire to explore isn't as stupid now too.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I might be around.. send me an invite if I'm on and don't appear to already be in a raid
Got The Last Word yesterday from the gorgon chest. Not sure I'll use it much, looks pretty though.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I might be around.. send me an invite if I'm on and don't appear to already be in a raid
Got The Last Word yesterday from the gorgon chest. Not sure I'll use it much, looks pretty though.
Will do mate. I haven't done any raids on Destiny at all, but will sit here at work and have a look at any guides online (stocktake preparation can blow me).

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Will do mate. I haven't done any raids on Destiny at all, but will sit here at work and have a look at any guides online (stocktake preparation can blow me).
Videos are helpful, though nothing really prepares you until you get in there and see stuff yourself