ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I'm up for that. Think Paul said he would be keen too and said to Rob i'd try and save him a spot. He's a lower light level but a decent player.
Think him and Paul are both fairly similar in terms of PVP stats (about 1.70!) and have a similar accent/voice. Are they the same person?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'm up for that. Think Paul said he would be keen too and said to Rob i'd try and save him a spot. He's a lower light level but a decent player.
Think him and Paul are both fairly similar in terms of PVP stats (about 1.70!) and have a similar accent/voice. Are they the same person?
Maybe he has 2 Xboxes. Chinese gold farmer?

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha.

Don't worry, it was a soul destroying experience. Due to a combination of horrendous lag and Highborn being horrendously stoned as usual. Took about 90 minutes to do totems and War Priest. I just went to bed after that!

I've got the Golgoroth CP and totem CP now though - don't think I'll be on tonight but will be on tomorrow otherwise if you want to run it then. I will be honest though, if I'm going to do it I'd rather just do it with people who know what they're doing as unlike people like Highborn who sits on his xbox all day, I don't have the time to spend doing things over and over.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha.

Don't worry, it was a soul destroying experience. Due to a combination of horrendous lag and Highborn being horrendously stoned as usual. Took about 90 minutes to do totems and War Priest. I just went to bed after that!

I've got the Golgoroth CP and totem CP now though - don't think I'll be on tonight but will be on tomorrow otherwise if you want to run it then. I will be honest though, if I'm going to do it I'd rather just do it with people who know what they're doing as unlike people like Highborn who sits on his xbox all day, I don't have the time to spend doing things over and over.
I'm not sure if I'll be on tonight either as I have another early start tomorrow, Friday I can do though.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Work has been f**king mental for 3 weeks, not even contemplated putting Destiny on since spending 12 hours working and then 5 hours raiding sounds painful atm. Hopefully February will be quieter I can get on to play

Mito Sportiva 135
Well you're welcome to play whenever mate.
Paul/Mark - in the end went on about 11.30 last night. With a decent raid team we did Golgoroth second attempt (first time was more of a practice run anyway). So, it was a nicer experience than the day before! I should be on later if either of you are.

HOWEVER, did anyone read the latest Bungie news? Seriously...WTF? So, so poor!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Well you're welcome to play whenever mate.
Paul/Mark - in the end went on about 11.30 last night. With a decent raid team we did Golgoroth second attempt (first time was more of a practice run anyway). So, it was a nicer experience than the day before! I should be on later if either of you are.

HOWEVER, did anyone read the latest Bungie news? Seriously...WTF? So, so poor!
I might well be on later. Going out for some food first but should be about afterwards.

What news? The Valentine's Day s**t?

Mito Sportiva 135
I know. The worst thing is, after a month off, they say 'we've been listening to you'.

I'm pretty sure that 99% of the community have definitely NOT asked for a Valentine's day themed PVP event...

Also rumours that Destiny 2 will be released in September 2017 now, with another big DLC like TTK in September 2016.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I know. The worst thing is, after a month off, they say 'we've been listening to you'.

I'm pretty sure that 99% of the community have definitely NOT asked for a Valentine's day themed PVP event...

Also rumours that Destiny 2 will be released in September 2017 now, with another big DLC like TTK in September 2016.

Yeah it's total nonsense. If it's a case of no new content until September, then I'll definitely be sacking the game off - I'm not repeatedly run in Oryx for another 8 months.

Jesus, IB Rift. I doubt I'll even play a single game of that.[/QUOTE
I know for sure that I won't be playing any!

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm now up to 319 with my shell. Have several bits of 320 armour on each of my characters (still no 320 chest on my hunter).

It's basically just my obsessive nature keeping me going now really!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm now up to 319 with my shell. Have several bits of 320 armour on each of my characters (still no 320 chest on my hunter).

It's basically just my obsessive nature keeping me going now really!
I know I've only hit 320 with the one character, but I can't say I'm overly bothered with doing it three times.

Mito Sportiva 135
I hate Asylum and I hate lag!
Paul, you play more pvp than me. My impression is that there seems to be more red bars since around mid December. Is this paranoia or you found this to be the case?
Bungie admitted they had implemented a new skill based matchmaking without telling anyone at some point, and it's not worked. Might be down to this perhaps?

GTD, Lupo
I hate Asylum and I hate lag!
Paul, you play more pvp than me. My impression is that there seems to be more red bars since around mid December. Is this paranoia or you found this to be the case?
Bungie admitted they had implemented a new skill based matchmaking without telling anyone at some point, and it's not worked. Might be down to this perhaps?

My understanding on the new matchmaking is that it is all based on the new ELO scheme, ELO is a rating that you get given for each individual PVP game mode. In the early days it was only on control but they have since rolled it out on all platforms. The only problem at the moment seems to be that the matchmaking does not take connections into account so you end up playing someone of similar skill level but they could be half way around the world playing on McDonalds wifi.

Apart from the connection issue matchmaking works very well, in the early days of PVP i would get KDs of 5+ in most games and my kd was easily heading to 2+ but then the dreaded matchmaking happened and I'm now stuck normally getting a KD of 1.5-2 per game. The other week i went over to my mates house who has recently started playing destiny and he let me play a couple of games. I was totally shocked at how bad the people i was playing actually were. With s**t weapons and only half of the supers i was going 25-0. The only other issue we have found is that when we play together ;) the game struggles and it places us against people that are better than him and worse they me, so he struggles and i find it easy and this is the very reason a lot of "pro" trials players tend to do carries. Its not the fact they want to help other but more the fact if they get crap people on their team they will get easier games. When trials first dropped there was no matchmaking and it was so easy to go 9-0.

There is currently a team looking into this and i think they will have a solution in the next update.

White APE
Have they changed the success rate of ToC? I used to get a decent return on them but this past week I'm no even getting any legendary,s let alone exotics.

Mito Sportiva 135
Pint - 3oC only gives you exotics, not legendaries. But yes they have changed the drop rate (at least once - although I think it is actually 3 times).
Paul - definitely agree. Have you seen the video Triple Wreck made? He made 2 key points: even if you're a pro/top 1% player you still want more varied games and not make every game super sweaty. Also, if you're a good player especially and facing other good players, it's vital to have no lag. So it's better to face people who might wipe the floor with you but at least it's a fair fight and no lag, rather than a similar skill but you can't play properly due to high latency

GTD, Lupo
Pint - 3oC only gives you exotics, not legendaries. But yes they have changed the drop rate (at least once - although I think it is actually 3 times).
Paul - definitely agree. Have you seen the video Triple Wreck made? He made 2 key points: even if you're a pro/top 1% player you still want more varied games and not make every game super sweaty. Also, if you're a good player especially and facing other good players, it's vital to have no lag. So it's better to face people who might wipe the floor with you but at least it's a fair fight and no lag, rather than a similar skill but you can't play properly due to high latency

Yeah i have seen that and i agree 100% with what he is saying, the only way i can relive the old days of pvp now is for me to play with my mate ben which makes it a little easier if i want to be really OP i join in a game of his half way through. I know good people should really play good people but like the chap in the videos says it kinda takes all the fun away from the game. It was always good when you came up against someone who was a pro and now you just end up playing average game after game.

GTD, Lupo
Don't play PvP. Life is simple that way :wink:

When you hit 320 what else is there to do, this game has a very short shelf life if you don't do pvp. PVP is the only thing they has kept me interested. Hopefully they will sort it in the next update...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
When you hit 320 what else is there to do, this game has a very short shelf life if you don't do pvp. PVP is the only thing they has kept me interested. Hopefully they will sort it in the next update...
As soon as I hit 320, I stopped playing :(

Mito Sportiva 135
Mark will you stop going on about being 320! You just won't shut up about it!!!
I am 1 light point off being 320 and imagine I'll continue to sit here for weeks/months/forever.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Mark will you stop going on about being 320! You just won't shut up about it!!!
I am 1 light point off being 320 and imagine I'll continue to sit here for weeks/months/forever.
Just letting you know...

So you're still 319, right?

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes I'm bloody 319 still. 1 light mark off.

BUT I do have all 3 flayer mantles now. So I still look cooler than you! I have a mantle for every occasion...

Mito Sportiva 135
A hot girl who is really popular and will go far in life...?

I popped on last night with Best for a quick Oryx kill. We can usually do it first time now if we pick our team wisely. A few of the other guys were on who needed Golgoroth so said we would help them do that first. 90 minutes later, we finally killed Golgoroth. Then, on to Oryx (skipped sisters as Highborn can't do the jumping bit). After about another 90 minutes, it still wasn't done and I went to bed in a rage. Highborn is 51 and still doesn't know which way anti-clockwise is and 3 of the team were continually dying (me, Best and Rupert didn't die once on either Oryx or Golgoroth. Yes we're awesome).
Without being harsh, if I do Oryx challenge this week, I'm not doing it with people who are awful because we just waste ages and don't get anywhere.
So, sorry Mark, this rules you out :)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
A hot girl who is really popular and will go far in life...?

I popped on last night with Best for a quick Oryx kill. We can usually do it first time now if we pick our team wisely. A few of the other guys were on who needed Golgoroth so said we would help them do that first. 90 minutes later, we finally killed Golgoroth. Then, on to Oryx (skipped sisters as Highborn can't do the jumping bit). After about another 90 minutes, it still wasn't done and I went to bed in a rage. Highborn is 51 and still doesn't know which way anti-clockwise is and 3 of the team were continually dying (me, Best and Rupert didn't die once on either Oryx or Golgoroth. Yes we're awesome).
Without being harsh, if I do Oryx challenge this week, I'm not doing it with people who are awful because we just waste ages and don't get anywhere.
So, sorry Mark, this rules you out :smile:
That's cool, I was actually free and happy to raid tonight, I'll LFG it instead