ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

GTD, Lupo
Managed to go flawless with Rupert and rob last night which was good considering how many times we have tried over the last couple of weeks. Also got highbourne to 5 wins for the emblem.

Mito Sportiva 135
I won't be on tomorrow as I'm at work until 11pm. I've noticed you on X-Com, while I've been playing Skyrim
Yeah X Com is amazing, spent about 10 hours on it on Sunday!
Want to get the Aksis challenge done later so I can get back into X Com again.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Managed to plough thru some Iron banner last night. Got all the bounties done in 9 games.
Also got a few bits of armour and guns from it. Clever Dragon, Titanium Orchid, Distant Star.

Bit miffed at myself, as I accidentally fused some Iron Banner gloves, into my existing "flaming" ones.
Another good night tonight though, and I should hit rank 5.

Mito Sportiva 135
IB should be called the Infusion Banner now.
I had a quick go on the Aksis challenge and I wanted to kill myself and potentially harm others so watched TV instead.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
IB should be called the Infusion Banner now.
I had a quick go on the Aksis challenge and I wanted to kill myself and potentially harm others so watched TV instead.
Did some piss easy to get gear from it last night. I had a few chest pieces and gauntlets too, but just used them to infuse.

Mito Sportiva 135
The LFG group process:
- Talk about sh1t for 10 minutes
- I try and then divert conversation to how to tackle the challenge seeing as I don't care about their dinner plans, how their friend has upset them, how 'OP' Clever Dragon is
- Agree a plan
- Start challenge
- Someone instantly diverts from plan
- Wipe
- Question why person died. Reconfirm plan, start again
- Someone diverts from plan / dies
- Someone rage quits
- Sit around waiting for someone else to join
- Brief them, reconfirm plan
- Start, someone dies
- Someone else rage quits
- I lose will to live
- Watch TV

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
The LFG group process:
- I try and then divert conversation to how to tackle the challenge seeing as I don't care about their dinner plans, how their friend has upset them, how 'OP' Clever Dragon is
- Agree a plan
- Start challenge
- Wipe
- Someone rage quits
- Start, someone dies
- I lose will to live
- Watch TV
That's my Destiny life in a nutshell. Now I have an extra point, titled "avoid Xbox"

Mito Sportiva 135
That's my Destiny life in a nutshell. Now I have an extra point, titled "avoid Xbox"
I am loving X Com for this reason. No need to rely on anything other than my brain (which admittedly does let me down), no 'contacting Destiny servers', no randomised upgrade outcomes, the giant killer robots are on my team

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The LFG group process:
- Agree a plan
- Start challenge
- Wipe
- Someone rage quits
- Start, someone dies
- I lose will to live
- Watch TV
[emoji23] [emoji23] this is why I've all but given up on destiny. By the time I get on at the weekend all my mates have burned through everything in the week and just want to do trials. I'm stuck at 369 and just can't be arsed going on lfg as a noob trying to find a raid. Last £25 I waste on this game. [emoji30]

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I am loving X Com for this reason. No need to rely on anything other than my brain (which admittedly does let me down), no 'contacting Destiny servers', no randomised upgrade outcomes, the giant killer robots are on my team
Same for me with Skyrim. Now all I need is some free time to actually play it!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Finally picked this up, looking for a cheap time-filler.

Smashing through solo, got to level 32 with a Hunter in a couple of days.

One thing though, as a late starter, how are you supposed to find people to do Raids on normal etc? No one on any LFG site is gonna be looking to do any of this content, so you're basically screwed? There's no matchmaking...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Finally picked this up, looking for a cheap time-filler.

Smashing through solo, got to level 32 with a Hunter in a couple of days.

One thing though, as a late starter, how are you supposed to find people to do Raids on normal etc? No one on any LFG site is gonna be looking to do any of this content, so you're basically screwed? There's no matchmaking...
Not many people will be running raids other than the most current one... so it's fairly pointless searching for a group to run through VoG / Croat, particularly in Normal.

I'd keep working through the story, hit 40 and the appropriate light level, find a group to run through Wrath of the Machine, if you get some regular playing buddies, then go to the old content.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Not many people will be running raids other than the most current one... so it's fairly pointless searching for a group to run through VoG / Croat, particularly in Normal.

I'd keep working through the story, hit 40 and the appropriate light level, find a group to run through Wrath of the Machine, if you get some regular playing buddies, then go to the old content.
I'll probably hit 40 in a few hours, so will do as such.

Just a shame, because I want to experience the raids that everyone raves about, but it's not really the same with a bunch of well geared guys storming through it - I guess that's the price of being late.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll probably hit 40 in a few hours, so will do as such.

Just a shame, because I want to experience the raids that everyone raves about, but it's not really the same with a bunch of well geared guys storming through it - I guess that's the price of being late.
It's pretty typical of MMO style games though. WoW always used to be like that. It's a shame for you though, because the earlier raids are definitely the better quality runs in terms of boss fights, etc. I really enjoyed Crota as a raid, and would run it 10 times a week quite happily, whereas I haven't even finished the new raid, or even logged into Destiny for quite a while.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
It's pretty typical of MMO style games though. WoW always used to be like that. It's a shame for you though, because the earlier raids are definitely the better quality runs in terms of boss fights, etc. I really enjoyed Crota as a raid, and would run it 10 times a week quite happily, whereas I haven't even finished the new raid, or even logged into Destiny for quite a while.
Oh well, just figured it's an easy time filler, while I wait for other games to drop in price.

The amount of games coming out right now, if I bought all the ones I want I'd end up spending like £200, Skyrim, Battlefield, Titanfall 2, Bioshock Remaster... Plus I do want to buy The Last Guardian on release. So hoping to just pour time into Destiny playing catch up, and pick a few of those up when they hit £20-25.

Get a lot of content out of Destiny: The Collection, for £25.

Plus, I don't think The Division is ever going to get better, as much as I like the style of the game and the world.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh well, just figured it's an easy time filler, while I wait for other games to drop in price.

The amount of games coming out right now, if I bought all the ones I want I'd end up spending like £200, Skyrim, Battlefield, Titanfall 2, Bioshock Remaster... Plus I do want to buy The Last Guardian on release. So hoping to just pour time into Destiny playing catch up, and pick a few of those up when they hit £20-25.

Get a lot of content out of Destiny: The Collection, for £25.

Plus, I don't think The Division is ever going to get better, as much as I like the style of the game and the world.
I've bought most of them...!
Are you Xbox One or PS4? I'm going to assume Xbox if you're looking at Titanfall 2?

If so, there's a few people on here playing Destiny still - I know @JP83 wants to run one of the old raids still (I'm still waiting on him to give me the nod to help!)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I've bought most of them...!
Are you Xbox One or PS4? I'm going to assume Xbox if you're looking at Titanfall 2?

If so, there's a few people on here playing Destiny still - I know @JP83 wants to run one of the old raids still (I'm still waiting on him to give me the nod to help!)
PS4.

Titanfall 2 came out on all platforms, not exclusive like the first one.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Tried PvP for the first time, to get the Legendary Marks for the daily.

I got shat on. I'm told gear isn't that relevant in PvP, so I guess it's just inexperience and not being that good. PvP in this game is very frenetic though.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Tried PvP for the first time, to get the Legendary Marks for the daily.

I got shat on. I'm told gear isn't that relevant in PvP, so I guess it's just inexperience and not being that good. PvP in this game is very frenetic though.
Armor isn't hugely relevant, but the gun you're using definitely is. I hate PvP in Destiny, to the point that I generally refuse to play it.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Your gear level is counted in Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris, so keep clear of those for a while. Good job you don't need to be good at pvp to get rewards from it, I'm s**t and only go in with mates when we can have a laugh. Getting pissed helps too!

White APE
I did Iron Banner and just sat in the corner for 15 minutes, collect 10 LM. Not hugely sporting, but it's the only way to get a crucial currency...

Yeah iron banner has levels advantages enabled so stick to normal crucible. Pulse rifles and shotguns are the current favoured weapons. Something like the grasp of Malok or hawksaw will do you fine.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah iron banner has levels advantages enabled so stick to normal crucible. Pulse rifles and shotguns are the current favoured weapons. Something like the grasp of Malok or hawksaw will do you fine.

Ah, I went in with a Scout Rifle, which has been my fave through PvE. I guess precision isn't the best in fast paced PvP.

Up to 310 light now.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Armor isn't hugely relevant, but the gun you're using definitely is. I hate PvP in Destiny, to the point that I generally refuse to play it.
Thought it was different now in Rise of Iron? As in, a 320 player and 385 player now do the same damage? With the exception of IB and ToO?

Mito Sportiva 135
JP I'm very confused by your point - armour has only ever counted in IB and Trials for PVP, nothing changed on that front with Rise of Iron

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
JP I'm very confused by your point - armour has only ever counted in IB and Trials for PVP, nothing changed on that front with Rise of Iron
I was talking weapons. I'm sure I read somewhere that different light level weapons did more damage, the higher light they were. But that had been scrapped since Rise of Iron came out? Probably a bullshit article I'm sure. Still, I seem to do alright at it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
363 now, but progress is slowing for sure, on the SIVA playlist grind, but it is getting a little bit boring.
You're pretty much at the stage where I've given up. Everyone jumps into Hard Mode on the new raid, which I haven't done, along with the Normal, so you end up feeling like a burden, because your durability and damage is slightly lower - so you end up running boring strike after boring strike.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You're pretty much at the stage where I've given up. Everyone jumps into Hard Mode on the new raid, which I haven't done, along with the Normal, so you end up feeling like a burden, because your durability and damage is slightly lower - so you end up running boring strike after boring strike.
Yeah, best loot comes from harder stuff, but you need the gear you get from the harder stuff to be able to complete the harder stuff in the first place, so grind Strikes for the occasional Legendary Engram.

White APE
363 now, but progress is slowing for sure, on the SIVA playlist grind, but it is getting a little bit boring.

You're at the really awkward stage, keep at it.

I've posted this before but this might help you out.

78d3f73ae5c712b09ce700ac8a604248.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I found the blue drops maxed out a 365. I was going to skip iron banner but hit dragged in and in glad i did as it pushed me up to 376.
If you have lots of glimmer buy weapon parts from the gun smith and use those to rank up your faction. Burn your motes of light with faction too for some decent rewards. Heroic strikes should drop a few purples and dont forget to use 3 of coins for exotic chance.
I'd definitely be up for a normal raid, damn I don't even know what the new one is called! If anyone is organising one in a weekend give me a shout. [emoji106]