ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

destructive misfire

clio sport 182
Renualt clio sport 182 2005. Been running fine went to start it and its just turning over and not firing up tried it afew times, stop light has come on! My friend checked the spark plugs and they were sparking ok, so he got his diagnostics machine and the code 278 destructive misfire has come up, cleared the code and didn't come back on! After checking stuff out this time when turning it over we pumped the throttle and it fired up, left it running for awhile then took it round the block everything seemed fine! Saying this my dad put the car away the night before for the first time, turned it on and set off straight away, could he of flooded it or something like that cos i normally let it tick over for afew seconds? Has anyone has this code before or no what could of caused it? Also over the months when ive been sat stationary for afew minutes the orange engine light on the right hand side comes on and flashes for a minute then goes off anyone no what this could be or could it be linked? Thanks to anyone that could help!

Ly Megane 230 F1
I searched the forum before when destructive misfire came up on the forum as i wanted to know what it was etc. Most threads ive read on it comes down to the spark plugs. When were they last changed and what plugs are you using? :)

clio sport 182
Ive only had it a year so don't no when they was last changed but probably could do with changing them! What plugs do you use? Just the Renualt sport ones? Its running fine now tho so must of disturbed something while stripping it! Need to get my cam belt done aswell, over 5year old and hasn't been done!