ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnose this problem!! (Engine video)

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hey guys

Been having this irritating whine from my engine ever since I can remember. Basically in 1st and second gear when turning the wheel there is a whine (like the car sounds like when it's reversing) coming from the front right of the engine bay looking from the drivers seat.

It only occurs when the accelerator is applied and the wheel is turned. I.e when turning and revving at the same time.

Power steering level is full, perhaps a little over max. Cambelt has been done ~ 2k miles ago and aux belt, idler pulley and tensioner was done last week.

Im stumped as to the cause - see the below video for the sound it makes!

http://www.firstamongequals.co.uk/c.avi

Any ideas what the problem is, anybody elses sound like this or is it simply normal?!?!?!

BMW M135i
Power steering pump none too healthy from the vid, will only get worse with time i'd imagine. How long have you had the car/it been making the noise?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Had car about 6 months, done it since then, thought it might have been aux belt problem but obviously not!

PAS pump job is a biggie I imagine!

Skoda
I get an irritating whine from the passenger side of my car... only happens when the football season starts

BMW M135i
Had car about 6 months, done it since then, thought it might have been aux belt problem but obviously not!

PAS pump job is a biggie I imagine!
Not a big job relevitely but theres some time involved in changing it yes fair bit of stuff to come out the way to get it out and the new one in, and it'll want a new aux belt putting back on too to do the job properly. But at least you won't need to worry about the idler and tensioner if they've been changed recently which will save a fair bit there.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Problem is it's a b**ch finding somewhere I can book it into in South Wales to get it done on a Saturday!!

Really annoying, got the pump and got some quotes to get it done but it's finding the time!

You reckon it's definately the PAS pump then?