ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diagnostic testers views?

clio
was considering buying one so was looking for some opinions folks. just to check for fault and clear them etc

So are they worth while?
any particular ones recommended?
is it just a waste of time and let renault do it (better quality clip) £88 quid

it was just an idea so let me hear some views

Only one worth while is the Renault clip but thats £5k.

to many people are suing them thinking they know what there doing and ripping other people off when they sell cars on etc.

clio
oh right no prob was more to check on suspected faults on my own car such as coils and map etc . take it you mean clearing faults and service light etc. yeah that would be s**t if you bought a car only to have the lights come on.

RS CLIO 197
i have one - very good - code reader for engine / abs / airbags / auto gearbox - clear fault codes - live data gathering does french cars and all obd2 compliant vehicles :D

thing is if anything goes wrong you can check it yourself and if you know what your doing fix it - clear the code and re-test probably cheaper and faster than the dealers could do it ;)

clio
yeah thats the sort of thing i am talking about mates doit on their vw's etc and swear by them. @ fox speed could you pm me details of the one you use cost etc. its just as you said maintenance and testing etc

RS CLIO 197
yeah thats the sort of thing i am talking about mates doit on their vw's etc and swear by them. @ fox speed could you pm me details of the one you use cost etc. its just as you said maintenance and testing etc

sent pm of where i got mine.

:D