ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diagnostics.. help asap

172 ff for sale
put my car on a diagnostics 2day, faults came back thottle body and throttle pedal, changed the body,

can i use a any clio pedal. or does it need 2 be the right one for the car?? i had a fully worked pedal from 52 plate sport which didnt solve the problem, and i tryed a 1.2 which didnt work either? so is they a different 1 for each car?

Renault Clio New Shape
Faulty wiring related to these, Shorted or high resistance maybe, The diagnostic tool just gives a pointer to where the fault is

LY 182
all pedals are the same.
if its old shape 1.2 its probably wiring on top of the ecu worn through

172 ff for sale
no the cars a 172, changed the pedal twice, fault still came up on diagnositics? both pedals might be faulty?

LY 182
how can i fix the ecu? should i try a new pedal 1st
cant you just try a confirmed working pedal from a mates car or whatever? they are all the same (well they arent but they all work fine with eachother)

you'll need to either send the ecu off for testing or replace it

same with the wiring need to check continutiy/resistance from the pedal to ecu and from ecu to throttle body

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
will changed around my gfs pedal and mine tonight take it fromt here

Yep you can use any pedal. We used my old 1.2 pedal on bmh.01's 172 to test a problem he had. Only difference is that the 1.2 didnt have the "click" for the cruise control etc....

If changing the pedal does not help, it is more then likely goign to be a wriring/water issue.

bmh.01 on here had some interesting issues, turned out to be water ingress in the main loom.

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
I got this fault on mine before.
0167 throttle angle sensor
6006 knock sensor open circuit

got friend to clean out throttle boddy and check ecu
came back with ecu at wiring loom connection had got wet and corroded £664.75 from stealers.
disconnected upstream lambda and it runs ok (30mpg on a 1.2 16v)