ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dials in a 16v

I have not long ago brought a 16v and have a small consern with some dials. I have noticed that there are three dials set seperatly to left. Now I just wanted to now what each of them do as Only one of them moves (far right) and only one lights up (far left). What Im I to do with them. Should thety all be showing me something as well as being lite up? And any suggestions on getting replacement dials??

Audi S3

Ok yea they should all light up

dial 1 (far left) shows oil amount (only pre ignition)

dial 2 (middle) shows oil temperature

dial 3 (right) oil pressure

hope helps Matt

plant your foot to the floor of go for a long journey and dials 2 and 3 should go up. Typically a steady drive with no harsh accelaration should have dial 3 pointing to just below 3 and oil temp just above halfway. Dont know whether this helps mate but i felt like telling you cos ive not long had mine and im still learning, BTW is your handbrake crap cos mine is?

pete

Thanxs for the info on the dials I shall have to find out why the two are not lighting. Does any body know where the best place to go to get this sorted? or where I can get a new set of dials??

Pete I must say that I also found that the handbrake was pretty naff in the clio but its been looked into and it doesnt seem to bad now!!!

Audi S3

on a steady drive oil temp is below half/100, under hard acceleration and little thrash just above half/100.

Trophy

Turk,

There is a bulb behind each of the dials, so if two are not lighting up you need two new bulbs fitting which is not to difficult a job. Just be careful when removing the dials as they are quite a tight fit!

Mat.

Thanx Mat.

Is it suggested I stick to the original colour bulbs (what ever colour they are) or can they be changed for something a little different?

Matt, do you happen to know if you can get replacement dials in differnt colours, if so do you know where I can get hold of them?

Cheers mate!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Lockwood do em. They are about £60 I think. Ive heard they are crap though. I fancied a set of blue ones.

yeah I was locking for something along the same line, I like the colour set up in the VWs and was wondering if you could get something along those colours.

Willy2

Turk The only way to get the dials to light up a different colour is to take them apart and remove the orange element and then colour the bulbs. I am gonna try this as soon as i get another set of dials.(easier said than done)

I have tried this, i have changed the orange element behind the dials for a blue element. Still does not work because the dials them self have a orange back to them.

What i need to make them work is a set off dials that has a clear back. Lights up nice in the dark with no dials on.