ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dials in diagnostics mode

When you make the dials go into diag mode by holding down the end of the stalk and turning the ignition over, you get three options on the computer display

the first is litres of oil left, the second i dont know what it is, it sits at 0.9 when the cars ticking over i thought it was revs but it goes up to 14 and my car dont rev to 14k revs lol, anyone ideas as to what this is showing??

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i get this one
t--h.gif

First one is the amount of fuel left in the tank (or least what the trip thinks is left).
The second is the amount of fule the fule pump is pumping in liters a minute (or somehting like that).
The display you have Harry shows a fault the ECU has logged, I think t is a temperature sensor fault being logged. Cannot remember what the h is for though.

BMW M3
WTF!!! Just went to test mine and it went ape sh*t!!!! All the display lights come on and the speedo goes upto 160mph and fluctuates back and forth to 0mph and the rev counter goes to 8000 and back. And it just keeps beeping......whats going on?

BMW M3
Justin182 said:
WTF!!! Just went to test mine and it went ape sh*t!!!! All the display lights come on and the speedo goes upto 160mph and fluctuates back and forth to 0mph and the rev counter goes to 8000 and back. And it just keeps beeping......whats going on?

This is what i mean.....

182dials002.gif

182dials001.gif

BMW M3
fUbAr said:
has it stopped doing it now?

No, it just kept going so i thought id better shut it off before something goes wrong...was a little concerned as no one elses seemed to have done it...

they all do it mate.

no need to worry. I thought you meant it kept doing it even after you turned off the ignition and then back on again! lol

BMW M3
fUbAr said:
they all do it mate.

no need to worry. I thought you meant it kept doing it even after you turned off the ignition and then back on again! lol

Ok.. cheers mate, so wheres this 3 option thing thats been dicussed above?

press the button in when the dials are going mad.

ive never actually tried it, but im guessing thats how you get the options shown.

BMW M3
Right... cheers mate. I'll go an try that now. For a minute there i thought something might be wrong.....The relief!!!

BMW M3
Ok.... checked it again and i get the same as Harry; the T__H sign. I take it its nothing to worry about as its a fault that has been in the past but is ok now?

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
i was told that the old renos when they were getting the dash checked they pluged in 3 dif voltages to check everything so this way it does it itself....dunno if true or not or if i picked it up wrong but kinda makes sense

BMW M3
Roy Munson said:
I'm sure my shift light is green, not amber like that shown in Justins pcitures.

Err.. i though mine was green too... Dont often see it but when have i am sure it looked green.... Confused?? Maybe its red as the handbrake light is but still looks amber in the pick...or maybe its different for the different year of models. Mine is 2004.

ant

yep.
how accurate is that bloody mpg / miles till next fill-up type stuff?

mines saying 57 miles till next fill-up but the needle is in the red!!!

BMW M3
daveclio172 said:
Yep shift light should be green

Its my shift light that appears to be amber in the pic, yet ... went out earlier and gave it some legs after 20 mins and the answers is......... It's Green!!!!
Strange, so my shift light has 2 colours??? Put your cars in Diagnostic mode and see what colours it comes up with...

Clio 182
daze said:
how accurate is that bloody mpg / miles till next fill-up type stuff?

mines saying 57 miles till next fill-up but the needle is in the red!!!

I have found this to be really crap! I would say when it gets into red just before the light comes on time to fill up, ignore the miles to next fill up thing always says too many!

BMW M3
Woodentop said:
I have found this to be really crap! I would say when it gets into red just before the light comes on time to fill up, ignore the miles to next fill up thing always says too many!

Mine never says enough.... It goes ---- before the light even comes on. Dont trust it at all. Just know i get about 330 miles to a tank.

Mines well accurate and the light comes on when 80 left in the tank and i know i shouldnt but have used 70 of those miles before with a good sweat on!