ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diamond is a girls best friend!

Finally got my insurance sorted out for my 172... Diamond quoted me £1000.49 last night, but they rang me today and said could they try and better it, and got it down to £900, I'm v. happy with that!

I think £900 is pretty good for a 19 year old with a 2003 172, one claim at fault, only 1 years ncb, and who has been driving for 2 years 2 months!

And with my policy I get 30% off servicing prices at main dealers. :D

Go Diamond!

BMW M135i
Thats disgusting tbh, I payed almost twice that at 19 with 2yrs ncb and no claims/convictions. All for having tits :dapprove:, suppose its cheaper when they only have to pay out for backing into lamposts etc :rasp:.

Insurance = Joke but lets not go there. Well done either way!

Titanium 182
Snakes with pissing tits :(

19 2yncb no points no convictions.

in excess of £3k

if it was that much id be looking at an RS not a 106 gti...

1.2 Dynamique
Im paying £2500 for a 1.2, under moms name as well, wot a bargain!!!! But at least i know i got everything covered in case of a crash.

M2 Competition
Im paying £2500 for a 1.2, under moms name as well, wot a bargain!!!! But at least i know i got everything covered in case of a crash.

If car is registered under your name, and insurance is registered under your mums name, you're not covered in the event of a crash.

You own the car, you need to be main driver on the insurance.

M2 Competition
But you're the main driver?

One sec... how on earth is it costing your mum £2500 to insure a clio 1.2?

At 20 it cost me less than £1200, mods declared...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
im 18, 1 y ncb. 3 points. paying 900 on a 1.2...

jay. you insurance company is owning you tbh.

its goin to cost me 1500 to insure a 182 when i turn 19

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Finally got my insurance sorted out for my 172... Diamond quoted me £1000.49 last night, but they rang me today and said could they try and better it, and got it down to £900, I'm v. happy with that!

I think £900 is pretty good for a 19 year old with a 2003 172, one claim at fault, only 1 years ncb, and who has been driving for 2 years 2 months!

And with my policy I get 30% off servicing prices at main dealers. :D

Go Diamond!

Shocker! and you ladies demand equality! ;) In insurance terms you are so much more equal than us men!....

Read back through my previous posts on insurance matters, I have always said its disgusting how much more men have to pay. But its the way of the world, I can't change it.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
That's a stonking price!

Best quote I've had is £950 FC for a 172 at 21, 3NCB, 3 points, 1 fault and 1 non fault accident.

Ferrari F355 for £2k fully comp doesn't really say good value for the 172 lol

Hyundai i40
remember diamond was cheap for me when i was younger

not had insurance in my name for years as its in my fellas name

VRS
my girlfriends quote with diamond was good, it was even better when i added myself as a named driver, brought it down another 150 notes

White clique
Read back through my previous posts on insurance matters, I have always said its disgusting how much more men have to pay. But its the way of the world, I can't change it.

you can - by kindly volunteering to pay the same as men ;)

That is a very good price you've got there, whether it sounds sexist or not, the bottom line is young men have more accidents, and are therefore higher risk.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

you can - by kindly volunteering to pay the same as men ;)

That is a very good price you've got there, whether it sounds sexist or not, the bottom line is young men have more accidents, and are therefore higher risk.

IIRC, men and women have the same number of accidents, its just that men's accidents are at higher speeds and so more damage and higher costs to fix.

Threads like this make me feel 2 things, annoyed that women get lower insurance prices, then happy coz I got 5 years ncb now and so my insurance is cheap anyway :D

Yeah, my crash was at about 15 mph... unfortunately I was in a 106 and it just crumpled. But I wouldn't have claimed if it weren't for the other person!

Monaco - 172
im paying 1090 fully comp for my 1.2 16v at 19 with 1 years no claims lowering declared aswell

I'm 19 started driving this year, no declared mods etc. 1.2 8v Y reg. 3rd Party fire and theft was 1100, this is with pass plus, and this was cheaper than any other insurance company by about 300 quid!

Girls insurances are sexist. Does take the biscuit, but we must remember, girls don't crash as much as boys, they just cause the crashes!

I still think that stat is wrong though, my sister has been driving a year longer than me, and has crashed 6 times in a year. I have have crashed once into a fence when my suspension broke on my fiesta.

Are some blokes really that bad at driving???

White clique
Threads like this make me feel 2 things, annoyed that women get lower insurance prices, then happy coz I got 5 years ncb now and so my insurance is cheap anyway :D

same as - 9years no claims and zero points! £412 for a 197.

Vish - sorry, yeah i think you are right, its the cost of the accidents to fix, and the number of claims but yes i think its the fact blokes have bigger pile-ups.

Check this article about women car insurance (clearly written by a woman :rolleyes: - i bet she's going through a bitter divorce!). http://www.heavens-above.com/financialinfo/insure/women_car_insurance.html

I agree its sexist, can I just point out, but if it were the other way, you would all be taking advantage of it!