ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diary of a ph1.

Titanium 182
Exhausts blowing it's tits off snapped a brake disc don't know which bearings fucked, me and Tom are hooligans I'm going to Leeds because I'm a soppy c**t

NIGHT !

CLIO PH1 172
drunk lol wheel looks nice making me think now if i should get them same or dished as if i get a dished one it will be even further away from the stalks ????? hmmmmm decisions decesions...

Titanium 182
I can still reach the stalks with this one comfortably I just have had to change my technique :rasp: I think with a dished one it would be too far, depends if you have long arms or not ?!

Titanium 182
Replaced the centre section of the exhaust on saturday (£80) new part didn't fit properly so needed a bit of light modification but it's all good now. The old one was knackered and I can see why I was down on power at the rolling road day !

4125679047_c7da1ba44b.png

As near as makes no difference snapped in half ! that's how it was on the car too, I was embarrassed to drive it to the garage !

Just ordered a set of rear discs with new bearings in which should cure my bearing problem :) I snapped the back of a disc changing a bearing on Friday so I need them really...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Keep up the good work, was actually going to buy a silver ph1 next week but the dude has put off sale for a while. :(

Could have turned the twins into triplets tbh!

Titanium 182
So that explains the noise when we were dicking about in the tunnel up at the airport on friday!

Sounds better now :) although I checked my oil and water earlier and my oil was just above half and water was just under minimum :S find it weird as I changed the oil when I got it at the start of October but as I said to you I only put 5L in.

Think I'm going to have to do another oil change with proper oil and flush the cooling system. Maybe an excuse for a new expansion tank as I've always secretly wanted a nice shiny new one :eek:

When my rear discs arrive I'm going to purchase some braided lines and dot 4 fluid and overhaul them all I think ! Did you attempt yours today mate ?

ps. Show me that pic the police helped us take LOL

Robbos, do itt. :clown:

Titanium 182
Forgot, I got a 3.3 Ohmz resistor from maplins and whacked it in the airbag connector...

Made f**k all difference, do the airbag lights need resetting with a clip machine or something to make them go off ?

Titanium 182
f**k, that means I haven't got the right resistor :( this resistor thing is doing my nut !

I noticed another odd fault too, every now and again (Say 1 in 5) times I turn on my headlights, the drivers side one doesn't come on ? but if I turn them off and on again it does.

Wtf?! I'm pretty sure it's not a loose connection, what else could it be ? a problem with the HID ballast ?

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
Update. Tom fit my rear discs (My arm is destroyed can't do anything at all)

Thanks Tom, no more bearing noise. Sorted. Need belts done in the new year now ffs.

What a informative update eh ?

Titanium 182
Quiet consistent squeaking noise from O/S foglight area, belt/pulleys wearing ?

Belts and tensioners need changing ? thought so. Don't have £500 :(

Titanium 182
Too kind! ^ sorry again mate :(

in the dyno vid it made 157bhp but the exhaust did have a hole in it the size of Birmingham. And I think it could do with new plugs. Oh well major service with belts soon!!

Titanium 182
Cheers mate, not too sure on ph2 rear end myself to be honest. I fancy a cup spoiler but I don't think I'd get along with the bumper. Only reason I'd have one is for a recessed exhaust probably.

Think they look a bit odd on ph1's.

Another picture of mine for the thread that I like..
4157911043_b4911b61e0_b.png

Titanium 182
Pos!

Good scenario - oil pressure sender and water pump fubar.

Bad scenario - headgasket blown.

I do not need this right now :(

Titanium 182
Right went out at lunch and checked my oil on the dipstick, that looks ok. Maybe a bit low ?

4169161204_51b402e338.png

Had a sniff of the expansion bottle and it just smells like a kettle, no oil or mayo present the cap is spotless.

Wiggled the oil pressure sender (Contortionist much ?) and when I turned on the ignition low and behold

"Oil Ok"
"000000-"

This morning it said
"Oil Ok"
"000---"

So there is deff something wrong with the oil switch, went to GSF and ordered a new one.. £9 so I'll pick that up tonight.

On the matter of the dissapearing coolant, the car has had a new rad just before I bought it so I don't think the rad is leaking but there is a dripping from behind the rad on the passenger side.

There's like a black cylinder thing that looks like a pump or maybe it's part of the horn and water is dripping onto it but when the car is running it drips water slowly but consistently.

But if it's just a water leak surely the system would keep draining past the expansion tank ? as is the expansion tank just goes to practically dead empty and then doesn't go down any more.

Confused.com, it's deffinately having its water pump done with its belts.

I guess you mean the green oil switch on the front of the block as you were referring to it as the oil pressure switch? If so, it has nothing at all to do with the oil level display on the dashboard...

All its for is to show the Oil Pressure (red oil can) warning light on the dashboard if the engines oil pressure drops low when the engine is running. Its just a simple switch that closes and completes a circuit when its not getting enough oil pressure against it from the engine...

The oil level comes from another sensor down the front of the engine, at the bottom. Its a sort of dipstick that goes into the sump.

Titanium 182
b****cks, thanks for the heads up foxy, just assumed it would be the pressure switch but Reading your reply makes sense. You don't happen to know how much the right sensor is or have the part no do you ?

Unsure on the part number, doubt it would be expensive though. I can find out later if you still need it

Its just like a dipstick with a screw on the top and it screws into the block at an angle near where the sump is bolted on. Then has a connector on it for wiring...might be a bit of a pain in the engine bay though!

Titanium 182
Cheers bud I'll not turn up to pages for my pressure sender and get one of those, if you could get the part no. I would appreciate it as I haven't a clue what to call it!
Will it be easier to get to from underneath ? I can get it on a ramp if so.