ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did the Clio 172 cup have leather seat option?

volvo v70 t5
Hi to any Clio Jedi’s out there. I just bought a Clio 172 cup ( what an amazing little car!)
appears to have the standard 172 interior trim half leather seats and cards. My question is, could this be an original option when purchased new or has someone added a standard interior? It is definitely an original cup as it says so on the various Maintenance paperwork.
However it seems an awful lot of hassle to change the interior of the car- and for what reason?
Also when 1021 (or 1029kg) is quoted, does this include the spare wheel which mine does not have and lm not sure the original 172 cups came with anyway? Sorry to be an anorak but lm just trying to restore it to original spec and finding it hard to find a 172 cup interior.
Any help much appreciated
Many thanks

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Dont believe it was an option, pretty common for people to change them out and a quick job too.
Download the my renault app, put in your vin and you can see all your cars options from factory.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
No the half leather/alcantara was never an option on the 172 Cup. Somebody has retro fitted yours.
I'm not sure about the Cup having a spare wheel? Normal 172's did have a spare wheel.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Cups didn't have a spare wheel, they were delivered with a can of slime.

Those half leather seats will be heavier as they have airbags in IIRC. The 172 Cup seats, I think, will be the same as the lowest spec Clio II. The Cup rear bench wasn't a split bench, and it had no headrests for example.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The 172 Cup seats were the same as normal 172/182 seats except for the side airbags, seat covering, and non-adjustable headrests (IIRC the 172/182s came with half bendy ones you could adjust?). They had the same bolstering etc so they weren't quite full on budget spec seats from lower down the range.

As above, the leather was not an option, and slimy stuff in the boot was standard in lieu of a spare wheel.

volvo v70 t5
Many thanks. Does anyone know if you can still get the fabric for the 172 cup seats? Someone has offered me some but they have a couple of holes in them.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't think you ever could buy the fabric/ seat covers separately. Not to my knowledge anyway.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Wasn’t the cup fabric the same or similar to the dynamique fabric? I’m sure the trophy rear bench was out of the authentique model clio.