ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did you know...

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Well i know this applies to 182's and Trophys.. dunno about the rest, you lot will need to tell me!

But if you unlock your doors, and keep the key OUT of the ignition.. your windows will work!!!! :eek:

Sorry if you already knew, but i thought this was pretty odd.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
wot about on the 172, if you are stationary and pull up both window switches the indicators flash like u have put ur hazrds on?

is this usual??? or some thing really common and i am dumb!!

Lee

BMW M2C
r-jay said:
LOL, you snooze you lose so they say!

I was busy playing NFSMW.

I noticed it tonight when I got home. Bubbles called as I was putting the car in the garage, so the keys were out and I was just about to get out, as I was on the phone I sat there pushing buttons. I was a bit surprised that the window opened with the keys on my lap. lol

106 GTi
The only time I seem to wind the window down on mine is to reverse into the garage, I always put it up with the engine running though to get one touch as im lazy.

Maybe its a saftey feature to allow people to escape!

182 and 5 GTT
Technosmash said:
wot about on the 172, if you are stationary and pull up both window switches the indicators flash like u have put ur hazrds on?

is this usual??? or some thing really common and i am dumb!!
This happens to my mates 172 aswell! I just thought it was broken! lol

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Lee.. (sorry babe..).. Tom called me, so i told him.. he also pulled over and tried it as he didnt believe me haha

I can understand the windows working.. as its a security thing.. but the electric mirrors? :)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Some of you may also be interested to know that your Clio key will open someone elses Clio petrol cap.. (but only cause its just a slot opening.. not a key thing)

106 GTi
Bubbles said:
Some of you may also be interested to know that your Clio key will open someone elses petrol cap.. (but only cause its just a slot opening.. not a key thing)

You been stealing other peoples optimax? :clown:

Bubbles said:
Some of you may also be interested to know that your Clio key will open someone elses petrol cap.. (but only cause its just a slot opening.. not a key thing)

now thats just plain stupid!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Nick_R182 said:
My mk1 clio key can turn on and off the passenger airbag on my mates 172 aswell.

Yeah... Tom mentioned keys can do that.. i wouldnt advertise that though to be honest.. i wouldnt want someone messing with mine 'just because they can'

182 and 5 GTT
Bubbles said:
Yeah... Tom mentioned keys can do that.. i wouldnt advertise that though to be honest.. i wouldnt want someone messing with mine 'just because they can'
I was just fiddling! Then he tried it with his key in a 182 and it brought a warning light on!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
You cant syfen fuel out of modern cars like you could old ones though can you? thought there was some weird flat that stops you.. or something

Lee

BMW M2C
Bubbles said:

So you stole that one from Tom? ;)

I've tried to open the flap on my housemates trophy before with my 172 key. It didn't work so I just stole his key and nicked his Optimax.

106 GTi
Bubbles said:
You cant syfen fuel out of modern cars like you could old ones though can you? thought there was some weird flat that stops you.. or something

I dont want a mouth full of super just to try that one!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
^^ Haha

And Lee... yeah i did :( i cant think of anything myself... im c rap :(

R35 GTR
Talking about keys working in other cars, I was in tesco car park in codsal when i had my 1.2 clio grande, pressed the button and it opened an identical clio a few cars away!

Great!:eek:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
True.. which makes you a nurd ;)

I have lots of other pointless information if youd like that? hehe

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Day said:
I've tried to open the flap on my housemates trophy before with my 172 key. It didn't work so I just stole his key and nicked his Optimax.

You know your wet passenger seat?

It wasn't a water leak.......

;)

Another good one, night time - lights on dipped, pull both window switches to close them (even if they are already shut) and it seems to have to route power away from your lights to get the window mechanism going, as the lights dim every time you touch the switches...

...at least on mine they do, maybe another weight saving feature of the Cup?!