ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diesel clios (are they any good?)

1.5 Clio Dynamique
basically i might ring up tomorrow about a advert ive seen for a dci 100 dynamique 1.5 clio.

anything i should look out for on it?

and also how are they in comparison with the petrol versions?

Clio 182
They're great. I sold my dci 80 a few weeks ago and bought a 182. The torque the diesels have makes them feel as if they're not that much slower than the sports. Until you hit high revs in the sports.
Great cars. Much better than petrol non sports.
Mine never had a problem in 2 years owenership

DCi 100
I'm getting one when this 1.2 is gone :D:approve:

Been reccommended the 80 for tuning possibilities and various other bits and bobs.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dci 100 is a sound car, im running one remapped to 130bhp/190lb/ft, give my 172 a run for its money!

dci clios arnt well liked on this forum your better off on cliodci.net however ill answer your questions, but its worth checking out for some more info!

engines are sound, regularly serviced and well looked after they will go on for ever. first ill start with the common clio things to look for, not just with diesels...
pannel gaps & boot floor for sign of crash damage
leaking rear dampers causing bad handling, a dci in any variant will be soft suspension wise but it should still handle well, if it doesnt, chances are somethings up.
anti roll bar drop links
leaking sunroofs

as for diesel related stuff, timing belts are due at 72k or 5 years, expect to pay £300 ish to have it done so knock it off if its not.

clutches are sound and strong, they last well over 150k miles if driven on motorway miles, from 1200rpm put your foot down in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear watching the rev counter for the clutch slipping, the turbo starts to boost just under 1500rpm and hits full boost at 2000rpm, so the torque band is from 1800rpm to around 3000rpm, if its going to slip it will slip between that! that will show signs of a hard driven car or possibly a previously remaped car, again this could be used as a bargaining tool if you want to take on the job (expect to pay from £300 to £500 for a clutch change)

they should never show warning lights on the dash when driving, the bottom right hand side light (the engine management) is most commonly the EGR valve needing cleaned, they get blocked up ocasionally.

the centre orange ligt on the dash (the glowplug light) usually indicates an issue with the fuel system, personally unless you know what you are doing with diesels, i would avoid any car with this light on and wouldnt even bother using it as a bargaining tool.

i know them inside out and any questions just give me a shout

i have been offered a dci for cheap money but am not sure whether to take it or not.

my brother is always telling me to stay clear of them as any dci renault is nothing but trouble for injectors and fuel pumps giving up etc.

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
My van is 03 plate with 198,742miles. Still on orginal injectors n fuel pump. Good cars. Look after them and they run for ever like any car. But as martin has said really. Id defo be after it.
Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
great cars....
eat up my commuting miles and i can chuck it about if needs be.....

almost 700 miles to a tank at £70.... i'll take that

i have been offered a dci for cheap money but am not sure whether to take it or not.

my brother is always telling me to stay clear of them as any dci renault is nothing but trouble for injectors and fuel pumps giving up etc.
Injectors and pumps can be trouble but so can cambelts and coil packs and spark plugs and injectors for petrols. There no huge issue realy if you take care and arn't unlucky

clutches are sound and strong, they last well over 150k miles if driven on motorway miles, from 1200rpm put your foot down in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear watching the rev counter for the clutch slipping, the turbo starts to boost just under 1500rpm and hits full boost at 2000rpm, so the torque band is from 1800rpm to around 3000rpm, if its going to slip it will slip between that! that will show signs of a hard driven car or possibly a previously remaped car, again this could be used as a bargaining tool if you want to take on the job (expect to pay from £300 to £500 for a clutch change
Clucthes will do over 150 even on hard driven cars mine spent a lot of time on track and its still fine today

There is a buyers guide for diesels if you have a search for tops where I have posted and the letters dci are in I copied it just a few days ago.

Unfortuantly I disagree with amrrtin about the dci100 though the 65 or 80 are the better engines I don't like or recomend the dci gearbox or the more top end power vs the 80. But hey each to there own.

ive got a dci 65 and for what i bought it for its great, 60mpg and £30 road tax. cheap to run. i bought mine on 84k and its on 104k and nothing is wrong with it. i did change the brakes but thats just general wear. great car imo

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes they still sound like a diesel.

Unlike the petrol clios though they really come alive with a remap, makes loads of difference.