ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diet 182

Ive heard that Renault are planning a lightened Cup style 182 Sport for release in the Autumn. Anyone else heard the same?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Not heard owt. PM jeremy townsend as he is the uk sales manager (something like that) for renault uk.

no,according to renault they are not doing a lightweight 182 cup,ther just sticking with the cup options,which is a shame when you consider that the cup outsold the 172 in its last year

Well theres not much lightening to be done !! Theres no spare to ditch !! And you cant ditch the ABS because of the new regulations !!

Quote: Originally posted by JezF on 27 March 2004

Ive heard that Renault are planning a lightened Cup style 182 Sport for release in the Autumn. Anyone else heard the same?
Its more than a rumour as far as I heard

Jeramy wouldnt tell is I dont think as if they are bringin one out they keep it quiet for a bit longer

You could losse abit more from a 182 ie climate, traction, cruise, zeons, ABS (tvr dont have it so so I cannot see why you need to have it although I know what ur on about with the new law)

I hope they do come up with some sort of special edition. I might well get one if they did. But I dont think theyll do another one without climate or abs and the spare is already gone on the 182 so I cant see how theyd be able to lighten it much. Maybe it could be something to tie in with their F1 affiliations?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 172cup_nut on 27 March 2004

no,according to renault they are not doing a lightweight 182 cup,
Never say never... ;)

This is copied from a guy in Belgium:

Just came back from my Renault dealer but they dont have a demo car yet.
In september, Renault is going launch a 182 "light", like the 172 Cup.

Loose aircon, abs, stereo, cruise, elec windows and throw in a lightened panel or two & you could probably make a sub 1000kg 182.

Only problem is it would then be quicker than the V6...