ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference in shocks.

Hi all,
I have a clio 172 (non cup model) , and am in need of new rear shocks.
I'm currently running with cooksport lowering springs and am wondering if it would be beneficial to buy the cup shocks over standard 172 ones?
What's the difference, if any?
Also would it matter having cup rear shocks and standard fronts?

Cheers

PB Clio 172
would imagine they would be slightly stiffer than a non cup

have just changed my front shocks for cup ones and I like the difference its much firmer but not ott

Super thanks for the info everyone! Nick, my drivers side shock has leaked out pretty much all of its oil so I'm changing both of the rears to fix that issue. Don't really want to do just the 1, rather keep it in pairs!

Am I right in saying 'Adam' on here is the best place to get them? ;)

Thanks!

WRX
Both Renault Wolves and Wests quote 8200662257 as the 172 and 172 Cup rear. 182 Cup has a different part number.

172/B8 Quattro
Both Renault Wolves and Wests quote 8200662257 as the 172 and 172 Cup rear. 182 Cup has a different part number.

They have that there due to some sort of warranty issue. The 182 cup is correct part number for 172 cup rear shocks. Fred@BTM to confirm as nobody believes us low mortals ;)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Super thanks for the info everyone! @Nick, my drivers side shock has leaked out pretty much all of its oil so I'm changing both of the rears to fix that issue. Don't really want to do just the 1, rather keep it in pairs!

Am I right in saying 'Adam' on here is the best place to get them? ;)

Thanks!

I have a set of rear shocks you can have for free. They don't have the dust guard on them, as I gave those to Dr Jekyll, but you can take the guards of your old set and and swap them over.

I have a set of rear shocks you can have for free. They don't have the dust guard on them, as I gave those to Dr Jekyll, but you can take the guards of your old set and and swap them over.

Oli, yet again you've helped out massively :) thankyou very much mate, I really appreciate it! (Especially as money is tight ATM!)

Let me know a date that's good for you and il come round and pick them up :) maybe also tie that in with the 98ron possibly?

Thanks mate!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I also still have the dust guards I think Ollie. If you haven't got yours or yours are knackered then let me know and I'll check tomorrow and I'll let you know :)

I also still have the dust guards I think Ollie. If you haven't got yours or yours are knackered then let me know and I'll check tomorrow and I'll let you know :)

Thanks a lot mate I will let you know what sort of state mine are in :)

iOllieSM - PM me tomorrow to remind me and I'll nip out and take some photos of the shocks so you can check they're ok. Then we'll sort a time and do the map aswell.

PM'd :)

Thanks everyone