ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference in Xenons?

Clio 172
Just got myself a set of bare xenons but when I took the cover off the back to put my old ignitor on it is different and it won't fit, have they chaged over the years and will I need a different ignitor? Here are the 2 different parts

Old

Old.gif

New

New.gif

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
The new over looks like standard bulb fitment? I.e non xenon.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Second thoughts, just had a look at a spare one I've got and without the igniter it looks the same as the bottom pic...

Clio 172
I thought that as well but they have all the cables and stuff for the xenon parts the only parts missing are the ignitors and the ballast, they look exactly the same as the old ones except that one bit

Clio 172
I've had a squint on ebay and noticed the ignitors look abit different to mine, looks like I'll need to fork out for a set as well

bg182ff
Not sure with years but the first the ballist clips to the second pic is missing a plastic locking ring thats a c**t to get to lock together :/ mine had the latter before i changed a headlight with a second hand unit from at the time cliospares witch was like the top pic :/

bg182ff
You put the bulb in first in the lug on your new unit then place the plastic ring over it (but dont lock it) then the ignitor clips on the back of it and it all locks together and(the plastic ring has top written on it) its a c**t to do :/

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I'm breaking a xenon, no idea how much that part would be tho...

Clio 172
I'll get back to you mate as I may need it, I've sent the guy an email telling him it's missing but with ebay you just never know