ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences in Ph1 Dashes

182, 172 Track Shed
Hi Guys,

Before I post in the Wanted section I need to make sure I'm buying the right dash top...My Ph1 172 track car has a tatty old one that needs replacing but can someone confirm if I have the standard 172 Ph1 dash or the 1.2 non sport version fitted

The one currently fitted has the tray on the passenger side rather than an air bag, which I think means it's a non sport version?

Pic below (not my car but it's the same as the one I want)
non sport dash.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Most non sports have a pass airbag. If you can find the most basic of the basic you can find one wirhout the clock but in the middle too but they're rare

182, 172 Track Shed
Thanks guys, so just to be sure if I need to buy an identical top dash to the one in the picture, I'm looking for a non sport Ph1 dash without a passenger airbag?

Alternatively I could use a 172 Ph1 dash top but when I remove the airbag I'll be left with a hole?

SQ5
I think that the tray is a separate part that bolts in using the standard airbag mounting points, it may be worth asking Renault for that try, may be inexpensive.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No that tray is integral to the dashtop Danny.

And yes Papalaz, a 172 (or indeed any ph1 with a pass airbag) will just have a hole there without the airbag fitted.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I have a flocked one of these, i bought from Fantom on here! The tray is glued in.
If you search flocked Dashtop by Fantom you can take a look.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I removed my air bag from mine when I got the top dash flocked and it did leave a hole. So I glued a piece of thin black plastic underneath to cover it up. Pictures in my progress thread if you need.

If you have the top dash off, is it not possible to remove the passenger air bag then ? Take it out & re fit the dash leaving the cut out looking part alone ?

330i. E30 Touring.
You could probably dismantle the airbag carefully for the top cover and glue that back in?

Exactly what i've done. All you need to do to get the cover off the airbag is drill the rivets.

Have just whacked a lump of foam underneath the cover so it pushes the cover back up..