ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Different tyre profiles?

07' 1.6 Dynamique S
I've recently bought a Dymanique S and really like the alloys on them so plan on keeping them. The tyres currently have 50 profile on and I wish to fit 40s to them! The two front tyres are needing replacement now, whilst the rear tyres have a few months left on them. Would I be okay running 40 on the front and 50 on the back until the rears get changed or should they all be changed together?

Suzuki Jimny
It would be ok, interesting handling aside, I think it will look silly. Keep to 50 profile IMO!

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
dont think they do a 40 series in a 15.

you could go 195-45-15 but a 205-50-15 would be better or stick to 195-50-15.

as long as the tyres on the same axle are the same size you will be ok.

Cup & Impreza Terzo3
I'd stick well clear of 40 profile tyre's if i were you mate. I've just had to replace all 4 turini's on my cup cause of the road conditions around my area due to me running 195/40R16's all round. They looked nice when fitted but the drive was horrible (feel everything on the road). Now running 4 fresh turini's rapped in 195/45R16 Toyo T1r's. My car feels so much better to drive now! :D

07' 1.6 Dynamique S
I'd stick well clear of 40 profile tyre's if i were you mate. I've just had to replace all 4 turini's on my cup cause of the road conditions around my area due to me running 195/40R16's all round. They looked nice when fitted but the drive was horrible (feel everything on the road). Now running 4 fresh turini's rapped in 195/45R16 Toyo T1r's. My car feels so much better to drive now! :D

Thanks for the advice mate! Think I'll stick to 45s! Do you think it'll be okay to run 50s on the back and 45s on the front until the rears get changed?

Edition 30
No lower than 45 in my opinion.

as Jake said, 40's would make you feel errrthang.

WRX
Thanks for the advice mate! Think I'll stick to 45s! Do you think it'll be okay to run 50s on the back and 45s on the front until the rears get changed?
That'll be fine, not ideal but there's not much difference to having barely legal on one axle and brand new on the other. Maybe put another couple of psi in the 45s and you'll be almost the same all round.

Fiesta ST-3
Sorry for a thread bump.

But would I be safe running 195/40/16 on my Cup Turinis? I'm getting scrubbing with my 205/45/16's at present.