ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

differnce between the 182 & 182 Cup ??

saxo vtr
hello, am new to this site, i presently own a saxo vtr, however thinking of getting a clio 182 in the near future.. was just wondering, what is the differnce between the 182 & 182 Cup.

cheers.
Gary.

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
Cup has better suspension, anthracite wheels, bigger spoilers and weighs less (20kgs). It's only available in racing blue or inferno red and it's interior is preety basic.

The normal 182 has better seats with side airbags, auto wipers and a better stereo. Most normal 182's have had the optional cup packs fitted which give them the better suspension and spoilers.

Steve

FordFocus
if you get a normal 182 but order both the suspension and spoiler packs did you also get the anthracite wheels or where these just on the 'cup' model?

Cheers

Mark

106 GTi
Welcome to CS.

The 182 Cup loses the Leather/Alcantera for the interior out of the Dynamic, single rear bench with no rear head rests, Digital Climate control becomes Manual Aircon, and you lose the Xenons for normal headlights. Slightly less powerfull Stereo.

saxo vtr
thanks for the replies..

what are the inferno colours??

i want the yellow... liquid colour i think its called.

106 GTi
gsgill said:
thanks for the replies..

i dont want them colours.. i want the yellow... liquid colour i think its called. :cool:

Full Fat 182 it is then, great colour choice. One for sale at the mo on here, they are quite rare as it was a 1500 quid option.

172 ff
i got the FF 182, imho its def worth it over the 'CUP' considering the speed difference is negligable on daily use(see other petty threads about which is quicker) , compared to features and comfort personally id rather have aircon, better seats, xenon lights(a better car overall) than a light and slightly quicker car where youd only notice the difference on the track (im not interested in any retorts from any cup owners in denial either, stick to the thread), just my opinion of course :p

saxo vtr
scottRC182 >> thanks for that, thats more or less how i'm thinking about it, it doesn't matter to me, whether it'll go that fraction quicker, i'd rather have the nice comfortness (if thats a word)..

so guess the full fat 182 is the one i'll go for out of the two.. well i've got to go test drive one first but i make any discussions.lol.

saxo vtr
have all clios got that weird bitin point, cos my cousin got a mk2 1.4 16v.. drove that once, it was quite weird to drive..

Steve vRS said:
Cup has better suspension, anthracite wheels, bigger spoilers and weighs less (20kgs). It's only available in racing blue or inferno red and it's interior is preety basic.

The normal 182 has better seats with side airbags, auto wipers and a better stereo. Most normal 182's have had the optional cup packs fitted which give them the better suspension and spoilers.

Steve

2 the man who knows ..............;)

LY 200
gsgill said:
thats whats been told.. i personally think that is the best colour out the lot

Get one mate, they look nice in pics but even better in the flesh even if i do say so myself ;)

Even if you cant find a liquid id do a ff 182.

saxo vtr
what are other cars in this range?? i.e.. citreon saxo vts... ford fiesta st..

cos in the back of my mind i have seat ibiza cupra der.. but my cousin told me try a clio 182.. still aint 2 sure tho tbh

LY 200
I test drove a 182 and CTR mate, probably the most linked.

Also could try a Leon Cupra R toO.

As much as the Fiesta ST's look nice and have nice interior i wouldnt link them to the 182 in terms of performance.

saxo vtr
which out of the 182 & CTR did u prefer?..

cos my uncle has a Leon cupra r revo'd remapped etc i dont know full details, amazin car,let me drive it once.

LY 200
Leon+revo = rocket in straight line mate and not much else tbf, depends what your after i spose, i personally like the look of the Cupra's over any of the others in the price bracket.

Which did i prefer, spose the answer lies with the one i chose ;)

Evereybody has different likings though so your best to test drive both. IMO the 182 is alot more car for your money than the CTR is although the Civic has a better build.......Performance=Nothing in it but you do have to work and rev the type r much harder than the 182.

Where you based mate??

106 GTi
Found the same as Jay test driving the CTR and 182 back to back, the CTR seemed like hard work, knew it would become tiresome day to day. After years of Pug hot hatches the 182 was the natural choice for me.

have all clios got that weird bitin point, cos my cousin got a mk2 1.4 16v.. drove that once, it was quite weird to drive..

my missus has a 1.4 16v and her clutch is horrible - bites really high - Im happy to say my 172's clutch is fine

LY 200
gsgill said:
take in mind im never guna go tracks days.. just everyday drive for me

Im im not into that either fella but i still like to drive hard on the odd occasion ;)

Best to test drive all of them mate, it costs nothing and you'll have no obligation to buy so you'll be able to find out whats best for you that way.