ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difficult to locate a gear at very high revs

RS182 Full Fat
Not really a problem as such, its not broken or anythin. I just find its difficult to locate a gear when changing up at very high revs. It can be easy to miss.. Like it doesnt home itself into position well. I feel like i could force it into gear but without the feel I don't want to in case i select a lower gear, so I usually let the revs drop a little and then change instead. Wandered is this a characteristic of all 182s, is something like clutch or gearbox getting old, or am i being an boob? Would a pms shifter thingy kit make it better or make it worse if there's a problem maybe? ta for any help.

RS182 Full Fat
oh yeh.. the upper engine mount moves loads. there is nearly a cm play if i push the engine back and forth. Should i just get a powerflex front insert or a new oem engine mount as well?

RS182 Full Fat
Check all the engine mounts for movement. Something like a powerflex dogbone could make a big difference.

already have the Powerflex twisted dog bone Bush kit fitted i Just noticed. Must be that top engine mount.. hopefully my new parts will fix it. ta for help

dan's cast offs.
battery off, undo big nut on mount, you'll see it easily, loosen the two nuts either side of it, smack bolt with hammer until it drops. take mount off.

do the lower one before you fit the new upper mount as you need to lift the box up to get the lower mount out.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Pic of lower mount I found helpful finding mine.
20110827_10.jpg

Renault Clio 172
For the sake of 12 quid for a new febi lower mount it would be daft not to change it while you've got the tools out.
I changed all mine recently to febi oe replacements apart from the dogbone (evol) and was suprised how much better it was after, cars on 96k by the way

edwarj123

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Is the lower gearbox mount the dogbone? If not do you have a link to the Febi lower gearbox mount on ebay please? I have a polybushed dog bone, and a polybush top engine mount insert, sounds like i just need a new gearbox top mount?
Thanks.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Is the lower gearbox mount the dogbone? If not do you have a link to the Febi lower gearbox mount on ebay please? I have a polybushed dog bone, and a polybush top engine mount insert, sounds like i just need a new gearbox top mount?
Thanks.

Gearbox has three -

1) Dogbone
2) Upper gearbox (as posted above, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271994627772?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&clk_rvr_id=1020885114894&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true )
3) Front gearbox (looks like this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clio-spor...132388?hash=item5b12f5f324:g:ws8AAOSwEK9TvQM1)

RS182 Full Fat
Check all the engine mounts for movement. Something like a powerflex dogbone could make a big difference.

Good call Amos. The drivers side and gearbox one were both broken. all fixed now. just about to go for test drive.

IMG_0987.JPG