ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Digital Cameras

Tungy
I think I am going to ask my parents for a digital camera for christmas.

Can only really go to about £150, but I'm looking for something with a 10x zoom or more.

Got my eye on the Kodak Easyshare Z712 IS. Looks quite good, 7.1mp and 12x optical zoom.
http://www.photoxels.com/kodak-z712.html

Although obviously I don't know about photo quality, speed and functions. I am only an amateur so don't suggest anything with a silly price tag!

Thanks Brad

D

dick

canon 1ds mkIII
probly get one of those for about your price on the net, have a google.

Decided on the Fujifilm Finepix S5700. Not read a bad review yet :D
Have you bought it yet?

If not, check out the available exposure times on each camera (s6500fd and s5700). 6500 goes up to 30 seconds iirc but 5700 is only 4 seconds.

If you want to do decent night shots you need that longer exposure time!

S5700 will still be a good camera though, just make sure you get one that matches what you need it for :)

Tungy
I'm an amateur mate. Most my shots will be taken in the day so the 5700 seems fine. 6500 is a bit pricey and a bit big for my needs. Thanks anyway.

Brad

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
JJ, whats good for around £150/200.

Could i get it cheaper in Hong Kong as mate travels regular???

Oggy172 is selling a canon 950is, any good?

The Ixus 950is is a superb bit of kit TBH, you can get it from Amazon for £175ish, 4x zoom, 8mp and as per all ixus cameras, the screen is excellent.

Abroad they are usually know under different names, Powershot SD850 is the ixus 950is etc.

I have just blown a small fortune on my new G9!