ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Digital Oil Level Checker.

Clio 182
Ive recently bought a clio 182 and was wondering how i can check the oil with the digital oil checker. In the handbook i got with the car it says turn the ignition on and after 30 seconds it should display the reading but when i do this it doesnt do anything.

Am i doing it the correct way or is there another way?

Thanks in advance

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Start the car, press the button under the computer.

I'd use the dipstick if i was you though.

Suzuki Ignis
When you start it the display should read 000000. if it reads 00000- then needs some oil. If it reads ------ then dont even start it. Best to check it manually anyway coz apparently its not very accurate.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I find my digital monitor spot on, still check it weekly with the dipstick though

Storm Grey 200
Mines rubbish 2 blobs is just under the max level. Changes its mind very regularly, im full, im empty, im full again

Where you get the reading for the mileage, when you start the car look there and it should say "oil ok" if you press the black button just below there you'll get the digital oil level checker you're after.

By the way are you the lad I was speaking to at Awesome Gti the other Saturday with the Blue ZS at the time?

Clio 182
Where you get the reading for the mileage, when you start the car look there and it should say "oil ok" if you press the black button just below there you'll get the digital oil level checker you're after.

By the way are you the lad I was speaking to at Awesome Gti the other Saturday with the Blue ZS at the time?

Yeah thats me. lol. all it says when i start the car is SET -----
it doesnt say oil and when i go through the things with the button none of them say anything about oil :S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
if it says SET do you have the cruise control switchd on?

Yeah thats me. lol. all it says when i start the car is SET -----
it doesnt say oil and when i go through the things with the button none of them say anything about oil :S

I see you got that 182 you was talking about then lol. How you finding it?

As for your question, I'm not sure then, as soon as I turn my ignition on I get "Oil OK" never seen "SET ----" before :S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Switch next to the light dimmer, make sure it's not pushed in at the top or bottom.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't mean to sound rude, but did it not come with an instruction manual??

225 powered mk2
They are rubbish mine said my oil was full, but then i checked the dip stick, only like a quarter full!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Did you check after the car had not been driven for say 10 mins?